Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Hawaii shorelines are strange

Hi Folks:I have been away from flying around Hawaii for some time and decided to take a spin around the islands. Looks like many of the shorelines are off a bit. I saw some buildings in the water and it looked like the end of one of the runways at the Barber's Point NAS was in the water. I am using UT USA and some freeware FSG mesh.Are there any fixes for these issues or is it basically a trial and error situation?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

The Hawaii shorelines included with either UT USA or FSG Hawaii 10m mesh product are both very accurate. The result is buildings in the water. In the case of the FSG product, there is a replacement OB9OCEN0.bgl file to clean up the buildings, and a replacement AFCAD for PHJR. For UT USA, I think if you use configurator and check "remove misplaced FS2004 buildings" it should help. There is a shareware scenery QLRP4UT which I think helps. check the library I think there are some AFCADs that correct John Rodgers, Ford Island (Luke Field though it's closed now) and Dillingham Airfield. If you hunt around there is also a Waikiki scenery specifically for UT USA that is nice.scott s..