Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Swap AI packages?

Guys, I installed Ultimate Traffic and ran it for a while. Now I want to try another AI package and compare what kind of traffic I'll have in the same airports. What is the easiest way to swap between different packages without damaging each other? If I like another package more than UT, can I still use some of the UT's AI interface features? Also what GA/AIRLINE % setting in FS9 would you recommend for running comparisons and what is the setting you normally use with AI traffic packages?Thanks for your answers and comments.

Simply swap the traffic.bgl's in the scenery folder. Just rename the inactive one INACTIVE(or whatever). This way you can try one at a time.Abe

Guest wji

IMO, Ultimate Traffic is the best FS2004 AI programWhen UT installed it created a backup of existing AI traffic file named: Traffic030528.utb (.ultimate_traffic_backup). Have fun.

Many thanks, ABE. I've only lost labels to some reason. Can't see the labels anymore.

What 'LABELS'?If you mean the labels of the AI's, that is easy to fix. You can do it under FSX......display..... traffic....Or under traffic tools.....settings.Abe

>IMO, Ultimate Traffic is the best FS2004 AI program>When UT installed it created a backup of existing AI traffic>file named: Traffic030528.utb>(.ultimate_traffic_backup). Have fun.well, it is the best program that adds ai traffic... but if you know how to add it yourself by downloading repaints and traffic here and various other places... there is no substitute

>What 'LABELS'?>>If you mean the labels of the AI's, that is easy to fix. You>can do it under FSX......display..... traffic....>>Or under traffic tools.....settings.>>AbeAbe, now it's something to do with the distance from which the AI's labels become visible. I have no labels of the aircrafts on the ground around me. But no problem with those in the air.

it's something to do with the distance from which the AI's labels become visible............ I think the distance is constant, you cannot adjust thatI have no labels of the aircrafts on the ground around me. But no problem with those in the air..........................Unless they are moving, the aircrafts on the ground are NOT ACTIVE flights unless they are moving for takeoff and landing.If you do a right mouse click on traffic, it shows only the type of aircraft, and it takes you there even though the aircraft is just sitting there.Abe

Thanks, ABE. I confused the normal AI and multiplayer AI invoked by VOX ATC. To have some visual representation of the traffic around you VOX ATC UK version can inject visual traffic via MP session and control it. Labels of this type of AI traffic are visible even when the planes are not moving. Do you know if the models for this MP AI traffic can be improved/extended? (CSL libraries are different?).VOX ATC has a similar slider for the % of MP AI traffic, but it's hard to say how it generates GA/AIRLINES ratio. Sorry, I don't know much I'm trying to talk about, but that's what I can see of AI traffic with RC4 or VOXATCUK (in FS9). Btw with VOXATCUK you need to cancel all AI traffic in FS9 GUI, and set the % in VOX ATC setup then join the MP session (created by VOX program I guess). Very interesting. :)

Never used VOX ATC. I am using both FS9 and FSX.Abe