Sign in to follow this  
maverickr

Create a flight black-out

Hello all,Haven't been with FS9 for awhile and I've done something to cause a black screen (where you would see the aircraft rotating) on the "Create a Flight" window when starting FS9.Can anyone help with this problem?Thanks in advance.Mike

I've had this problem myself. If you can't see the aircraft rotating, it is more than likely related to the antialiasing settings for your graphics card. You may have to turn down the settings a notch or two.If you don't know how, let me know and I can walk you through it.Cheers!Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest blaster331

Greetings Mike,Welcome home! This is a known issue with Nvidia driversBest regardsAndrew

Guest Rob Hirst

I have this problem too. It is indeed due to nvidia drivers. If you don't want to turn down your settings you can hit alt + ent to get to windowed mode to see the plane in the selection menu. When you start up the flight hit alt+ent again to go back to full screen. Works for me.

Thanks Joel, that got rid of the blacked-out screen. I used to be able to set the antialiasing to 4x to get rid of 90% of the "jaggies" but now only can set at 2x or I get the black screen again.Again, thanx.

Thanks Rob, I'll try that next time I have a problem or get senile again forgetting what I did.