Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Addons

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all,Ive gone back to FS9, FSX is just too much of a headache, you need a 15GHZ CPU am sure! Anyways thats another story.Ive installed FS9 with my tweaked fs9.cfg on VISTA ULTIMATE, along with FE, GEPRO, ASV6.5, LEVELD767, UT EUROPE, I have a traffic package I made. Runs like a dream, actually smoother than in XP pro (mind you I have 2 gig RAM now).My question is, well numerous...1.) is there any way to get rid of the annoying 'pop' into clear weather when passing a high altiutude. i.e when im flying out of clouds on a rainy day, all of a sudden with a snap quarter of a second its a blue sky, like there is no transition?2.) are there any good runway/light textures that dont cause stuttering? the FS9 ones are rather blocky/bland now.3.) I fly europe and UK mainly, and im sure I can find good sceneries, so dont worry about this one!Cheers for any helpIanAMD Am2 3800x2X1600XT 256MB DDR3 @ 1280x1024 @75HZ. 19"2 Gig DDRII 667MHZ RAM

helloI have been using these lights recentlyprobably the best i have seen yet for fs9Filename: airportlightenv.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 29th May 2007Downloads: 5112Author: Luke HarvestSize: 1287kb

Hi Ian, The annoying transition between visibility layers will always be present. However, FSUIPC (registered version) and also Active Sky have an option to "smooth" the transition progress. Its not as realistic as you would like it to be, but it does improve it somewhat. As you said, there are so many excellent sceneries out there. I fly mainly between the UK and various short haul destinations in Europe, and I would like to point your attention to this thread which lists many of these freeware and payware sceneries:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchAlso, if you like flying in the UK, be sure to download the free mesh from the AVSIM file library, and also check out Gary's new "Xtreme" scenery at www.uk2000scenery.com. They're easily the best out there! Thanks,Sam.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Thanks, what about water textures? are there any that resemble fsx's?IAn

Guest visualchaosfx

>Thanks, what about water textures? are there any that>resemble fsx's?>>IAnThere's FS water from Fligtht 1. You want some good night lighting that I'd suggest Ultimate Night Enviornment 2007. Both are payware but worth the money.Lee Alexander

Guest weeniemcween

IMO, the best water add on for fs9 is Water Environment (Jazz Art). http://jazz.alaskanwinds.org/ ScreenshotsIt's recent and beats the numerous payware solutions I've tried hands down. Real Environment Pro is also freeware and offers great airport environments, reflections, and many other enhancements. It comes with two water sets as well which are very popular, but the environment maps are a little intense for my taste, reminding me a bit of white wine and pine scented cleaner. Real Environment comes with a nice configurator, so you can check and uncheck options as you please.Again, Water Environment gets the balance just right I think, and most resembles the fsx water. You may want to change the underlying textures to be darker (perhaps with real environment install first), as it only comes with custom environment maps (basically the water reflections) and wave effect at the moment. Ultimate Terrain (which I now see you have) has awesome night lighting, but reduces autogen so most people keep extra residential lights off or simply disable the night lighting before loading day flights. Here is a good list of freeware scenery add onshttp://oosterloo.org/fs2004/world.php

Guest visualchaosfx

>IMO, the best water add on for fs9 is Water Environment (Jazz>Art). http://jazz.alaskanwinds.org/ Screenshots>>It's recent and beats the numerous payware solutions I've>tried hands down. Real Environment Pro is also freeware and>offers great airport environments, reflections, and many other>enhancements. It comes with two water sets as well which are>very popular, but the environment maps are a little intense>for my taste, reminding me a bit of white wine and pine>scented cleaner. >>Real Environment comes with a nice configurator, so you can>check and uncheck options as you please.>>Again, Water Environment gets the balance just right I think,>and most resembles the fsx water. You may want to change the>underlying textures to be darker (perhaps with real>environment install first), as it only comes with custom>environment maps (basically the water reflections) and wave>effect at the moment. >>Ultimate Terrain (which I now see you have) has awesome night>lighting, but reduces autogen so most people keep extra>residential lights off or simply disable the night lighting>before loading day flights. >>Here is a good list of freeware scenery add ons>>http://oosterloo.org/fs2004/world.phpCould I install the freeware water environment with Ultimate Terrain USA installed?Lee Alexander

Guest weeniemcween

Absolutely.

Guest visualchaosfx

Thats uber cool.Lee Alexander

Guest visualchaosfx

Oh wow. The freeware water environment looks very impressive. Hate to say it though, the freeware water looks way better than the Ultimate Terrain one. Lee AlexanderEDIT: Is there like a way to have unlimited editing of posts so that I don't go through and double post like I did just now?