Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

BGLcomp SDK problem

BGLcomp SDK will not work on my FS9 PC - when I use any utility which autogenerates bgl files (like Rwy12), or drag an xml file onto bglcomp.exe, I get a quick blinking, and that's it. No bgl file.However, on my 2nd. PC, it all works fine; so I have to transfer the xml file generated from my FS9 PC to the other PC, use bglcomp there and then move then bgl file generated back to the FS9 PC.Can anyone say why I can't get this to work on my FS9 PC - it would clearly be a lot more practical! If I copy over my BGLcomp SDK folder from the 2nd. PC, it works just once on my FS9 PC, then back to blinking at me instead of giving me a bgl file.Any ideas re. this mystery would be appreciated. (Can't recall what other software BGLcomp SDK needs to operate - but I have NET framework 1 & 2 on both PCs, for instance).Thanks,Martin

Funny enough I have the same problem, so I downloaded CompileHelper from Arno Gerretsen. A nifty tool that acts as middleman in the compilation proces between xml and bglcomp. It's will show you what went wrong if any.You'll find the file here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/downloads/CompileHelper.zipSucces!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Well on the 'good' PC, I get this - and a bgl file:Parsing document: C:Documents and SettingsMartinMy DocumentsCompile HelperULLI_Exc.xmlParse complete!But on my FS9 PC I get this:INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)Parsing document: G:Program FilesCompile HelperAmritsar_Chevron_Refueller.xmlERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: G:Program FilesCompile HelperAmritsar_Chevron_Refueller.xml"Googling" these error numbers, I came up with the answer that MSXML4.DLL needs to be installed - which it always was I hasten to add. Still I redownloaded the setup file from MS and did an uninstall/reinstall. This has fixed the problem (which I have had for months!), so thanks again for leading me to this useful little tool.Martin :-)