Sign in to follow this  
Guest joyraider

Cockpit alarm sound (747)

Guest joyraider

Hi all,I've been searching for weeks now, but I still haven't found what I need; I fly the POSKY and MelJet 747-400's combined with FSPassengers... The sound library is quite ok, except for one thing: the "beep" cockpit alert, or rather the "woowoowoowoop"-sound. It's heard quite often, with small warnings - I think.If you still don't know what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24iZDl-U8esAt around 1:26 you hear it, when the pilot is advancing thrust :)So, my question is: how can I get this to work? I have the soundfile itself (from the iFly 744), but I can't just put it in my sound-folder, there has to be some sort of addon :)If anyone could help with this... You'd make my day! ;)Thanks in advance!

Great Video :-)Not sure, but a logical reason for the warning could be that the pilot gives full throttle while the ParkingBrake is still on ...Just a thought ...Cheers, RobPS: A gauge that does this would be very easy :-)If the above is true, I could easily add it to my freeware "groundhandling" gauges (pushback, etc)

Guest joyraider

Yeah the sound occurs when parkingbrake's still on and you give full throttle indeed :) But in other 'tiny' situations too, f.e. when you take off without flaps... I'll try and find a list for it, thanks in advance! :)

I highly suggest picking up the PMDG 747-400, and the freighter version. Well worth the price, and it it so real, it can't be beat

Guest joyraider

I'd be happy to pay for the PDMG, but my system simply can't handle it :) AthlonXP 2000+, GF4 MX440 64MB & 768MB of RAM, if you see what I mean ;) I've tried the iFly for a while, but it gets me 4-5 FPS constantly..

I'm glad I found this post -- I couldn't figure out why this alarm was going off so frequently because it didn't seem to sound for any single event. Is it set to sound whenever there is a significant change in the flight's status, regardless of what it is?Also, I get the impression from all I've read that the PMDG is really for more advanced simmers and I've only recently moved up to MelJets 777 from the default 737, and have only been simming for about 7 months now. I'd love to go for the PMDG right now, it looks awesome. But I still feel too inexperienced and I don't want to spend all that money and then need to take a month learning procedures and technique just to get off the ground. If that's not the case, let me know and I'm there.Chuck

Following the checklists is actually the easy part of the 747... the difficulty is programming the FMC. I use to just import it from fsbuild or fsnavigator but once I learned how to program it, I do it by hand. There is a learning curve, but if you want to just get in and fly, you can set engines running and flip a few switches and you are off. Plus their forum has lots of posts to search and is willing to help out people with questions.It is really fun to learn how to operate it, and it isnt as difficult as it may appear. The satisfaction of doing a complete flight in a complicated airplane such as that is really great.

Guest joyraider

Someone mentioned today that I could do this in the sound.cfg file...However, I'm stuck immediately.A 'default' line in the sound.cfg looks like this:*AP_DISENGAGE_SOUND*filename=bs-apilot_offmaximum_volume=9000But that's just one event, the AP disengage...How do I create two combined events?F.e.*THROTTLE_>60%_WHILE_PARKING_BRAKE_ON* or something?Help is welcome! :)

""F.e.*THROTTLE_>60%_WHILE_PARKING_BRAKE_ON* or something?""It isn't that simple :-)The sound.cfg entries are only for FS9-preprogrammed functions; and this "alarm-on-full-throttle-with-parkingbrake-set" isn't one of them.So it requires some gauge code to do this.If you are a user of my Vspeeds gauge (file rcbvs-24.zip in the library), I would be willing to add this feature to that package.If so, contact me via EMail; see readme of the Vspeeds file).Rob

The audible warning that you are describing is most likely a configuration warning ( ie aircraft not properly configured for flight). Several aircraft have this feature that I am aware of, it is something that was programmed into RFP among others. The best example that I can think of is throttles advanced past taxi power with no flaps deployed, that sort of thing.You shouldn't hear it if the aircraft is properly configured.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg