Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Poor Nvidia!!!!

Just saw the latest preview/review at www.tomshardware.com and the new NvidiaFX 5800 Ultra looked pretty good..........Then today they posted the info about the Radeon 9800 Pro and once again Nvidia appears to be getting passed by. It is my opinion that Nvidia may have waited too long to put out there FX cards and now ATI is eating them alive.The sad part is that in the final review of the FX 5800 Ultra card posted yesterday the 5800 wasn't beating the 9700 Pro by that great of a margin.....now the 9800 Pro is coming out and ATI is just pouring salt into the wound.The only downside is that the 256mb version is going to be $499.....a little to high for my tastes!! LOLI wish I could be a fly on the wall in one of Nvidias business meetings.....bet that would be interesting! Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Bigshot

Are you enjoying that 9700 Pro?On a side note, I see Visontech has switched to ATI and will be producing the 9800 Pro card.

Well, I have been a long-time Nvidia user and fan but... hey, ATI is is a Canadian company, actually based in my city (Toronto).. guess you gotta support the home front! Time to switch?John-Paul

>Are you enjoying that 9700 Pro? >>On a side note, I see Visontech has switched to ATI and will >be producing the 9800 Pro card. Hey Bigshot!Hell yeah I'm enjoying the 9700 Pro, it's great!!By using the 9700 Pro, just about every game I play now has nearly 2X the FPS and the picture quality is mind boggling compared to the Nvidia card I used to use......downright amazing!!!!!:)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ront1

It's great to see some who used to really like Nvidia give ATI a try again. I was a little reluctant to try the Radeon 9500Pro, but sure glad that I did. It a real nice card.Ron

Guest Rob

Unfortunately I think that ATI are keeping the upper hand with the 9800 Pro. Don't forget the 9900 Pro due in July. :)

Aside from hardware issues, I wonder if the probably overloaded Tom has the time and perhaps expertise to try the latest drivers for each vendor instead of the ones distributed with the first issue.While performance is a major issue, for me the cross-platform support directly supported by NVidia is a positive issue as is their ongoing driver development which in most cases offers backward compatibility with earlier products instead of stopping driver improvement for early products.There will always be the issue of flexibility verses some rigidity to achieve maximum performance.Look up to www.guru3d.com as well for this kind of info.

and... which then drive the prices of the Pro 9700 and 9800 down to levels where I can afford them! The 9700 is $649 in Toronto!! Yikes! I paid $329 for my ASUS GF 4400 T1 128 and I am completely satidfied at this time...John-Paul