Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Looking for something interresting

Well seeing as I dont have much time nowadays for heavy flying do to a new member of the family, Im looking for nice short little hops about an hour to 2 hours long in a Ga aircraft like my 182 or 206 amphibian. Anyone got any flights they enjoy that are not too long and are scenic. I know of many around my home but it gets boring always flying to the same places. I'm interested in anywhere around the world. Looking forward to hearing what you've got.Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest etheberge

I know how you feel, I get bored doing long-hauls and finding the time is always a challenge.That said, have you tried the amazing Alaska scenery from Holger Sandmann? Misty Fjords and Tongass are both payware but the new one Glacier Bay is free and available here in the file library.They all concentrate on their own section of Alaska and feature a lot of different airports, airstrips and sea plane bases you can fly to. I find it ideal for short hops, especially if you like bush flying. That 206 Amphibian would serve you well with those addons.Check out the Avsim review of Tongass Fjords and some screenshots. http://www.avsim.com/pages/1006/Tongass/Tongass.htmCan't get much more scenic than that. With the right combination of addons (ActiveSky, UT, etc) it can produce some truly spectacular result.Their website is fsaddon.com, they also have some Vancouver, BC scenery that is very nice too.-Erik T.

A couple of years ago I found a list of "dangerous" airports on the internet which I printed out. I check them off as I visit them and I'm still not halfway through the list. It's a nice diversion from my "serious" flying. A lot of the airports are located in rugged mountain areas and the scenery is just beautiful, especially if you have enhanced mesh and/or terrain. Even without the scenery add-ons a lot of the approaches are very challenging to the point of almost impossible. I can't find the original list on the internet but Googling dangerous airports will turn up many.