Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet Ranger

Airport Creation & scenery

Guest Jet Ranger

Ive created an airport using AFCAD & Im trying to create some scenery for it using FS scenery creater but I cant seem to get the two to work together is it possible to import the afcad into FSSC & build the scenery around it or do they have to be designed as seperate things? as I cant get the scenery to show with the airport its either one or the other, or is there another freeware program I can use, Ive got Ez landclass but dont understand how it works as I cant even get it to create a new project without it coming up with error messages, but Ive noticed that it states you need "this file & that file" it seems as though its not a program on its own youve got to download anumber of different files for it work exactly what files do I need to use Ez landclass effectively Id be grateful of any help you can give me.

Hey JetRanger. I've been looking into doing my local airfield and if you're not already aware, there's some great info over in the MSFS scenery design forum, specifically the beginners guide posted here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...23298&mode=full.After trying to get a leg up on all the different methodologies and tools - I think I'm going to invest in Instant Scenery as it seems to be rather turnkey and compatible with both FSX and FS9 - a real good bargain. Good Luck!Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

I'm no expert, but I did manage to upgrade my hometown airport using FSSC for the scenery and Afcad. I have 2 seperate folders in my Addon Scenery folder, 1 for the afcad and another for the FSSC .bgls.In FSSC I made a huge exclude area encompassing the entire airport to get rid of the default scenery. I then built the scenery using a terraserver aerial photo "map" (created with USAPhotoMaps) as a background image. When I export it I choose "Scenery only" as opposed to "Scenery + AFD".In the sim scenery library, I did the "Add area" thing, adding both the afcad and FSSC output folders. The afcad is below the FSSC scenery in the scenery library list. It works, but I'm not saying it's right :) .I hope that helps,Jim