Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Eaglesoft Columbia 400

have not purchased an Eaglesoft product in awhile, as I dont fly corporate aviation jets much. However after looking at their general aviation line up went for the Columbia 400. What a sweet airplane!!!I integrated my Reality XP Pro GNS430's though. I know how to work them very well, so one less thing on the learning curve. Couple of observations though.The only way you can get a flight plan to show up on the MFD is if you use an FS9 flight plan. I had hoped I could program one in the GNS430 and have it link into the Avidyne unit.I also found a couple of quirks (I wont call it bugs...really), but when I declutter the MFD, I cant "reclutter it". It goes down to lowest level, then stays there. No ability to change it back. irritating.I also found that when selecting VS mode with the autopilot you can reduce altitude down to -16, but then you cant go back. It gets stuck'Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

You can get the flight plan to show up on the MFD by 'right clicking' the FLT button on the RXP 430 #1.Also, make sure you are using the ES AP, not the RXP unit.As far as your other questions, you might try the Eaglsoft Forum site. I have not had the issues you mentioned.

There is no FLT button that I can see on the RXP GNS430. There is an "FPL" button. Is that what you meant?ThanksEric

Yea, probably so Eric, I was going by memory and watching the US Open at the same time ;)This info is actually in the RXP documentation. Not directly per/for the use of Eagelsoft aircraft, but it's in there.It is the same procedure for exporting your RXP GPS flight plan into FS.

Eric, as you should know there are stickys in our SR20/SR22 and C400 forums which the cover the RXP issues in detail. The declutter/reclutter is a function of your selection of LOD and load time which may be related to the use of RXP gauges as well...:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I didnt know about the stickies. I will go look.I got the clutter/declutter working. At least on my last flight.What a great aircraft!