Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Imaginesim

Can anyone tell me how KLGA has performed for them. I tried the demo it seemed ok but the scenery flashes and it is hard to get an accurate view of how well the scenery performs. (By the way I do understand why the flashing happens) Also does anybody have the Imaginesim KEWR and able to get this scenery to work ok. The old Simflyers worked better for me. If anyone has advice for that I would love to hear it.Anyway I have and like there sceneries just not KEWR.

KEWR is hard on the frames. I've disabled several bgl's, such as the fuel farm, the taxi edge lights (no blue during night-time, but it helps). It's flyable for me, but the performance and look and feel of Newark just isn't the same as their other work, even the earlier sceneries.Some would say it has to do with the New York region being problematic, but KLGA on the other hand works more than fine for me. It's a great scenery just like their other more recent ones (basically everything after KEWR).

Mike...

Thanks Mike. I have the impression that something is not right with KEWR. I have everything they have made excepth KLGA and I really like there sceneries. I think I will get KLGA it does look really good.

Hey Andrew,Mike pretty much hit the nail on the head. For guys like me who use KEWR for a home base it is great someone tackled it. I do the same thing as Mike and remove the Fuel Depot and the Blue edge lights and I do manage 24 FPS locked at 24 FPS with any A/C but the feeling of a FlyTampa Scenery for example just isn't there.I haven't purchased LGA myself because two add-ons in NYC doesn't seem like the best use of resources to me ;) but I have heard very positive feedback on it.As for KEWR it is great for what it is and I think we are all grateful for it but it is a notch or two below the rest... The other thing is to take into account the size difference between KEWR and KLGA. KEWR is just a larger project in terms of airport size, runways etc...Cheers,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Psolk, what do you get with the default installation of Imaginesims kewr with the Intel C2D E6600, its my home town airport, but it runs slow on my system, buts its old system now, gonna upgrade soon to a Intel E6420 and overlock it.so just wondering what type of fps boost I'm looking at here ? Imaginesims klga runs good around 19 highest and 15 with a lot of objects in the background is it a very well done scenery with my new upgrade I should run higher then that, ai traffic is at 50% and this is with the Cls dc-10-30.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hey Cesar,It depends on the A/C of course but with all of my other add-ons running and an add on heavy (LVL-D/PMDG/PSS)I will typically get ~19-21 FPS with the occasional drop to 16 for a split second in the VC. That is with MyTraffic at 65-85% depending on time of day.So that is worst case scenario. Maybe a 5-6 FPS drop over default worst case. At default KEWR with all those add-ons running and an add-on heavy you are most likely going to be in the mid 20's from the VC to around 30 FPS anyway... I always fly VC and always with FPS locked at 24.With a few minor tweaks though I get ImagineSim up to almost the same FPS as default and consistent and smooth 24 FPS. Hope that helps.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for the info Paul, I really appreciate it :) I kept wondering how imaginesims kewr would perform on the new Intel chips, so far its looking good ! and I cant wait till I do my upgrade in the coming months ! :) As you can imagine its my home town aiport, and my flights start mostly from there. I know the cls is a very fps friendly and a lite product, unlike the pmdg and the lds that I tried at my buddys house which are heavy on the fps with the gauges and other stuff running.Andrew, what kind of system you are running now ?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.