Sign in to follow this  
markoxley

Frame Rate on FS2004

Sometimes older drivers are better.JimCYWG

Guest rwrea

I have an ATI 800 GTO and latest drivers work fine for me.....Dick ReaMCA 372

Guest il fanciullo

Uninstall ATI Control Centre and use Tray Tools by Ray Adams : http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/ It's much better and has some useful tweaking options that you won't find in the Control Panel. If you haven't done so already download FSAutostart: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-...AutoStart.shtml and set it up to shut down all unneccessary services and background processes + defrag your RAM. I have also found that setting aniso filtering to high quality kills FPS anywhere near water! so try to avoid that. I have a less powerful system than you and run 4X AA 16X Aniso 1280 X 960 all sliders to right +85% traffic (MY Traffic) and have FS9 locked at 30 fps with no blurries. The other big drain on your system resources is an Internet or Network connection especially if you're running anti-virus software and a firewall. My gaming PC has nothing running on it except games and essentials such as Acrobat Reader etc.Godd luck, Il Fanciullo

Thanks for all the help.I have now fixed the problem and have my sim locked at 30fps even at busy airports with bad weather.I compressed my FS2004 directory using windows xp disk saver and also changed vertical sync on my graphics card to always on.This has cured the problem now.Once again thanksMark Oxley