Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

FS9 Payware Aircraft

Is there anything comparable to the PMDG and LvlD767 products that members would recommend for my next purchase? I was leaning towards a 707 or 727 but that was only an embryonic thought. Anything with a comparable level of sophistication to the afforementioned products would be fine, even large turboprops.Jon

Also coming soon is the AirlinerXP by three talented developers Lou Betti(Dreamfleet), Jean Luc(Reality-XP) and Vauchez (Flight Scenery). This will be the Airbus A320. I can't wait. They are releasing the FS9 version first, followed by the FSX version. Amazing is the only word I can use to describe the screen shots and video previews. The forum is loaded with info as well. I hope this helps you in your quest. :)www.airlinerxp.com

Oh yes, very nice, too! I have fs2crew for my PMDG products and I agree that the sim takes on a new level of realism when using this program. I just gotta have this ATR. Thanks for your recommendation.Jon

Well, now I've done it! This is going to be another MUST HAVE! I've always liked the A320 and have flown in the aircraft as a passenger on a number of occasions. The screenshots are excellent and the videos are very good. I have bookmarked the site and will keep a weather eye on it for a release date. Wish they'd hurry up:-) Just an aside: Here we have a what? $14 million dollar aircraft. You'd think they could be a bit more creative with the instrument panels. A little walnut burr veneer, perhaps (ala Jaguar). At least some dangly dice hanging fom the overhead. Thanks, Jeff.Jon

Jon,if you're leaning towards a B727, then take a look at the magnificent Dreamfleet B727 here:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ga727It was one of those releases with virtually no bugs if you can believe that. :) Highly recommended if you're into older style of flying. Steam gauges, highly detailed...Regards,Jure

Get your credit card out, it's about to get a workout. Make sure that there is a fresh ink cartridge and lot's of paper to print out all those manuals and last, but not least, set aside a few months for training:-hmmm. Good selection of Biz-jets and Cirrus SR-22http://www.eaglesoftdg1.com/Very good older 737's and ERJ 145http://www.feelthere.com/2005/If you're into classic 747-200's you can't miss RFP.It's been around for years, but ALL systems are operational.http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1551This MD-80 has been getting great revues. All systems have been extensivly reproduced. No VC yet, but SP1 will include VC.http://www.flythemaddog.com/enjoy,Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

My favorite one is the C-130 from CapSim. Fantastic aircraft, really, you won't regret. www.captainsim.com

Second that.Look for the ATR in disk form on the internet - likely to be cheaper that way and easier to re-install if you ever need to.

ngxu_banner.png

I second the Dream Fleet 727. Top notch and on par with PMDG and LVD quality (it's an old style bird with loads of hand flying involved and has the amazing RXP WX500 radar installed for free).I know the FT 737 gets a bad rap around here but I also love it to death.

As the OP asked for sophistication comparable to the PMDG and LevelD products, I'd recommend:1. Maddog MD-80 - very good attention to systems detail in a round-dial/glass hybrid cockpit. Solid panel graphics.2. Dreamfleet 727 - best payware old iron around, with unbeatable flight dynamics and good (but not complete) systems detail. Panel graphics are a bit on the fuzzy/primitive side.3. Flight1 ATR - Best regional turboprop around...hybrid glass/round dial flight deck, good systems detail, stunning panel graphics.4. Aeroworx B200 KingAir - Great medium/light twin turboprop with all the subpanels modelled. Very good graphics.5. Eaglesoft SR-22 - Best glass single. Very good on a fast PC, something of a dog on lower-end machines. Has the Flight1 30-day money back guarantee, so you can decide for yourself if it's fast enough on your machine.And I disagree with a couple of the previous recommendations...1. From a systems perspective the CaptainSim C-130 is nowhere close to the sophistication level of these other products. It's fun to play with, but the beauty is skin deep if you value high fidelity systems simulation. And their customer service is low-grade Bolshevik fare.2. The AirlinerXP A320 is nothing but PR hype at this point. First advertised as coming in Q1 of 2007, now advertised as coming in Q2 of 2007 (end of Q2 is 11 days away as I write this), soon to be advertised as coming in Q3 of...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest ha5mvo

"2. The AirlinerXP A320 is nothing but PR hype at this point. First advertised as coming in Q1 of 2007, now advertised as coming in Q2 of 2007 (end of Q2 is 11 days away as I write this), soon to be advertised as coming in Q3 of..."It's true Bob, but I would give them some credit. Those are some very serious folks behind it with a proven track record, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as just "PR hype". (no more than a certain MD-11 for instance)

I'll be all about giving them credit...but only if and when credit is due. When FeelThere was bringing their A320 to market, they rushed out a web site for AirlinerXP, complete with claims of an imminent release in Q1. Then we saw banners stating it was "now in beta," later to see those go away when other members of the team mentioned that it was actually in a pre-beta phase. Then it was coming in Q2. Those sorts of gutter marketing tactics assume the lot of us to be a pretty stupid bunch. What I saw is some pretty serious folks allowing a marketing buffoon amongst them to soil their proven track records.I've already dismissed the PMDG MD-11, not as hyped (never ever heard Randazzo allude to a release date) but simply because it will only run on FSX. Well, OK, maybe I'll look at it later when I can upgrade to a 6 GHz Core 10 Extreme that can run FSX and a complex add-on at better than single-digit frame rates...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

DF 727MD 2006Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

The MD-82 from Leonardo (flythemaddog.com) aka Maddog 2006 is a wonderful plane. I think it's one of the best out there by far. You get a Wx radar, terrain map, great sounds, and as much or more than Level-D or PMDG give you. The hand flying experience is by far the best in the Maddog too. Just sensitive to make corrections on final, but not so sensitive that you bound all over trying to make them. Don't be put off by the price, it's worth exery penny, plus the FS9 and FSX version are all in one package. All some are waiting for is the VC.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired