Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Fixed ETA for AI's

When using the 'fixed' ETA option in Traffic Mover, doesn't that make the AI aircraft behave strangely? I'm not sure I understand what the benefit is. The AI's usually arrive about 10 minutes after they are do which isn't bad at all. Is there some good reason to use the fixed ETA?

Also, can Traffic Mover be helpful with RC4? If anyone uses it please post here.Thanks,Dirk.

I use TM and RC but they do different things. TM is for your AI aircraft while RC is for YOUR plane, though it does chatter with the AI's if you set it to do so. RC does not really control the AI's or their schedules. TM is just for you to set up the schedules for the AI aircraft so you can arrange aircraft at the proper airports. For example, you would want a lot of Lufthansa aircraft flying in and out of German airports. TM is unbeatable to keeping inventory on where your AI's are flying to and from. RC directs YOUR aircraft.Hope that helps.

Thanks, now I start uderstanding it. I thought RC also controlled AI around your a/c.

One thing I would add, is that RC WILL control AI's on the ground for a time while your plane is on approach or cleared for takeoff. Once you are cleared for landing or takeoff, the AI's will freeze their position until you are out of the way. You can set RC to where this doesn't happen but I'm to understand that weird things happen if you do this. I haven't tested that so I don't know what happens.