Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

A Real Flight Planner for IFR/VFR

>I would like a flight planner that downloads real weather,>takes it into account, and gives me the best route based on>winds, storms, etc. What program does that?PocketFMS can do that to some extent. It also will download weather radar overlays. Donationware.scott s..

Guest fokker70

B777ER,I saw were you asked in the Aerosoft forum for the boxed version of this was going to be downloadable. They said no, if my memory serves me. Did you order the box version? Is this version of FOC worth the money vs. the 70us for the box version?Thanks for the info,JeffKATL

Jeff,The boxed is the same as the download version minus the manual. I spent the money for it and got it. It might be that I am a little daft in how to use it but I have since gone back to FSBuild. I just find FSB a lot easier to use for what I do. I still have it on the hard drive and maybe one day may take a better stab at trying to make it work but for now, I wasted almost 100USD on it. BE forewarned, it is not very user friendly and it will take some time to get to understand how it works. In fact, it may be think I would need a FAA approved dispatcher course to understand it.

Eric 

Guest fokker70

777ER,Thanks for the info. I think I still keep using FSBuild and now have actually gotten to planning using online sources and putting together fly plans that way. I like having all the procedures, enroute charts highlighting my flights. I actually enjoy putting all of it toether, gives me something to do when I'm stuck in my office during lunchtime.Speaking of FAA approved dispatcher course, I'm personally going through the written materials myself right now. I'm just interested in all the info (and there is a lot of it) and if I ever decide to leave the job the pays the bills, I might pursue the actual course and training.Jeff

Jeff,I checked into a while back. I live where there are a few courses offered. I understand it to be 7 weeks..is that about right? I understand the hard part is actaully finding a job that pays fairly well.

Eric 

Guest fokker70

Yeah, it's about a 7-8 week course from my research. And your right, starting out would take me back 12 years in salary. I tell myself just need to win that lottery and then I'll do it! :)

Here is a great VFR Flight planner. or atleast for pre flight planninghttp://www.flyagogo.net/At the "Fly me to" window on top.. type in something like "KAFW-KAUS" or enter some waypoints/vor etc in between

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter