Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Ron Freimuth has passed away

Sorry to hear it Lou. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hello everyone.A sad day indeed, my condolences to his family and his relatives. One thing it

A FS Legend. My condolences to Ron's family.

Sorry to hear about Ron, Lou. My thoughts are with his family and friends.Let us all hope that Ron is able to enjoy doing it for real, something we would all like to do instead of simming, on the 'other side' of life?We never die, it is just 'change'. R.I.P. Ron.

Dave Taylor gb.png

In addition to being a master in the art of FS flight dynamics, Ron was a real teacher, patient and generous with his time. This really is a terrific loss.Deepest condolences to his family and all his friends here and elsewhere.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

All of us at ACES regret to hear of the loss of one of our most colorful and passionate customers, and extend our condolences to Ron's family, friends, and fans. - Hal

Remembering Ron from way back in my Project Freeware days. Very sad news indeed. Ron is flying now....

BobK

sad day... AMITIES. Henry. CYXT

I admit to not knowing the man's name, but the rest of you do, so I will offer my condolences to his family and enjoy a quiet flight in memory of someone who obviously earned the respect and gratitude of my fellow flightsim flyers.

Guest Milton

Lou, I recall back in 2003 I believe when Ron was working on the flight model for the Cessna 310, and I was working on the Aero Commander FM, Ron and I would compare notes and I thought, "How interesting!", that Ron would take his time to explain indepth the areas where he and I were struggling, and worked together to sort things out. I was new to it all but an eager student.Ron invested so much time in testing and analyzing but always took time to explain and share. He was a gentleman and a trusted friend. I will certainly miss him.

Guest av84fun

High FlightOh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earthAnd danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirthOf sun-split clouds - and done a hundred thingsYou have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swungHigh in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring thereI've chased the shouting wind along, and flungMy eager craft through footless halls of air.Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,I've topped the windswept heights with easy graceWhere never lark, or even eagle flew -And, while with silent lifting mind I've trodThe high untresspassed sanctity of space,Put out my hand and touched the face of God.RIP Ron

Guest kingairvols

My condolences. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel