Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Ron Freimuth has passed away

Guest DreamFleet

I have just received word that one of the greatest flight dynamics contributors to the FS community, Ron Freimuth, has passed away.He was 64.Ron did the FDE for our Archer II, Cessna 310, Cessna 177 and Boeing 727, along with much other freeware and payware work over many years.I am still in a bit of shock and can say no more except...Godspeed, Ron, and may he allow your good soul to live on forever.With deepest admiration,Lou BettiDreamFleet

Will take up the 727 tonight and fly a circuit in honor of him.Thanks Ron for all your great work that you shared with us.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

what a shame, very clever airfile designer, my condolences to his familyRIP Ron, godspeed

Guest Ed_Garr

How lucky we were to have his contributions. Every one of his posts over the years was an education, or part of an education, because Ron was generous enough to share the stages of his own efforts to grapple with the mysteries of the Air File -- no one understood everything, but Ron kept digging deeper, and took us along on his coattails. "Hurry up and love people, because they go away so quickly"Ed

I`m very sorry to hear that.He will be missed - his is one of the names I remember from my earliest online FS days.James

Guest HartmannH

Very sad news. I never had the chance to meet Ron in person but he was always helpful and friendly and certainly one of the best in his job. My condolences go to Ron's family and friends.

Guest Thomas Hjelm

I am very sorry to hear about Ron. There are not many who has even come close to what he has done for our hobby. I have always admired his work and have always read his posts, in every forum I could find, with a huge interest.I hope he is in a great place./T

Whoa... - this is a hard one.Deepest condolences to his family, and may his soul rest in peace.At the very very least, an irreplaceable piece of this hobby is gone. Best regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Shocked here.. RIP Ron.I worked with him some years ago with deciphering airfiles, and he wasalways a good sport. I mis him alreay..I salut you Ron!JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..

My deepest condolences .. what a loss for the community.

Ron was a true gentleman and practiced his craft with integrity...he will be missed by the entire community. Our very best to his family and friends:-halo

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's a bit of shock for me too, as I've corresponded numerous times with Ron over the years. 64 is just too young these days! Thank you for letting us know.L.Adamson