Sign in to follow this  

Can you recommend some EXCELLENT freeware scenery?

Its hard to find the premium stuff with so much in the library, so is there any must have FS9 freeware scenery? Specifially I am looking for something to enhance the water in FS9.I've been forced to go back to FS9 to enjoy the cloud9 phantom, but it looks a bit tacky compared to FSX, so I am also interested in getting some scenery to spice up a good fying area. I'm looking for something with large coverage, and something that is on par with payware scenery. For now I'll keep digging through the library. Thanks!

Ok, I just discovered Real Enviornment Pro, which looks awesome, and just what I need. Now I just need something like that to improve the textures.

I know how terrible FS9 ground textures look, but really there is no freeware replacement textures that can compare with Ground Environment Pro. I tried Ebaying it, but nothing came up, hopefully you can find it somewhere for cheap, it would be well worth.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

The Real Enviornment Pro is a pretty sweet package for freeware. Is there ANY kind of freeware texture equivalant? I found the Bella Coola Valley and thats a pretty cool one, that will give me a nice large area to fly in.

Guest strega13

now if you want freeware scenery specific to areas , and not redone sky , runway or general environement , look for these for a start :- Holger Sandmann's glacier bay scenery ( glbayv2b.zip and glbayv2a.zip ) . a freeware masterpiece- project canary's canarysim ( projca_2006_v10_1.zip ,projca_2006_v10_2.zip and projca_2006_v10_3.zip )- any of the freeflow scenery for florida , caribbean , bermuda , bahamas ...- the netherlands scenery( nl2kv291.zip )and anything Holger Sandmann is absolutely worth picking up .also if you ever have to pick but 1 payware scenery , get fly tampa's st marteen package . i haven't flown anywhere else since i bought it .

Guest tango papa

Holger creates some of the best scenery for FS9, pure magic!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Thanks guys. Holgers list of textures is quite useful as I don't like the water that comes with the Real Enviornment freeware. I already grabbed the canarysim pack but glacier bay looks like a good one, I'll grab that when I get home.

I the library tonight there is a new very good scenery for Algiers (DAAG). I just installed it and it is very good! The file name is daagrealscenery.zipThere is also new scenery for the city of Algiers. I haven't installed that scenery yet, but it goes with the new airport scenery.

>I the library tonight there is a new very good scenery for>Algiers (DAAG). I just installed it and it is very good! The>file name is daagrealscenery.zip>>There is also new scenery for the city of Algiers. I haven't>installed that scenery yet, but it goes with the new airport>scenery. I just spotted that one myself and installed both packages (the airport and the city), but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. However, it looked amazing and will check it out in an hour or so, before bed.Tim

Just looked at the AFCAD for this new scenery and it's missing start locations for the runways. So if anyone installs it you need to fix up the AFCAD a little.

Try out Holger Sandmann's Columbia River Gorge scenery. It has Mount St. Helens and the surrounding devastation, Mount Hood with some ski areas depicted and really good mesh and textures for the Gorge, even the waterfalls.Kim