Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Weird problem with computer!

Hi all,Lately I have been having an issue with my PC and FS. I have only tested with one plane, but here goes.1. Load up FS2. from the menu, I have the default Cessna, and I pick my airport.3. after all loads up in the 2D view, I select the Eaglesoft CJ1.4. It loads up in the 2D view.5. I turn on the boosts and the secondary pumps and hit the starter.6. The second I hit either "S" or "CTRL S" to get to spot view, the sound stutters.7. immediately after, the screen goes blank and the PC reboots.8. I get an error saying a "Serious Error has occurred" and it says some driver made it quit or something.Anyone have a solution?Thanks

>6. The second I hit either "S" or "CTRL S" to get to spot view, the sound stutters.how do things work if you don't change the view?if no change are all things tied to the sound of the engine start?with the error message and if things are tied to the sound start makes me think you sound card is to blame. have you done some driver updates? (updates DO NOT always help.)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I haven't recently updated my drivers for it. I don't think it happens when I stay in the 2D view. It is real weird. It could be my sound card, or perhaps a bad file. I might try experimenting with other planes and in and outside views!Thanks for the help!

Guest etheberge

>7. immediately after, the screen goes blank and the PC>reboots.Your PC reboots because it crashed with a BSOD, commonly referred to as a "blue screen of death". In Windows XP (which I assume you have), the default behavior when that happens is to automatically reboot. The problem with this is that it doesn't give you time to see the information displayed on the BSOD.First thing to do would be to disable the auto-reboot so we can see what exactly is crashing. To do this, right-click on "My Computer", select "Properties" and go into the "Advanced" tab. The click the "Settings" button in the lower section called "Startup and Recovery". Remove the check mark in the middle section that says "Automatically restart".The next time it crashes, you should see the blue screen of death. Take note of the first few lines of the error, hopefully it should give a clue as to what caused XP to crash.Usually stuff like that happens because of hardware failure or bad drivers.>8. I get an error saying a "Serious Error has occurred" and>it says some driver made it quit or something.I assume this is the message the pops up after your system has finished rebooting? If it tell you the name of "the driver that made it quit", post it here or google it. That could tell you what device that file is related with.Does your system crash with other games? If not, your sound card and drivers are probably fine and the problem might lie within FS.-Erik T.

Hi,Thanks. I'll try the reboot thing. It is only with FS, and lately only when switching to the outside view during start up with the Eaglesoft CJ1. I wonder if a corrupted sound file is in it, and for some reason that locks it up.I will try the autoreboot thing and let you know!

Well, now today I can not get it to happen. I was getting it a lot. I tried multiple aircraft today, both payware and freeware, along with the CJ1, and I could not get it to happen. I'll keep the auto-reboot thing off and see if it happens again.Thanks for the help.