Sign in to follow this  
Guest ARanc

North Ameirca Mesh

Guest ARanc

I am looking for a product which includes Mesh for either all of North America or just the United States.I have FS Genesis's West Coast Mesh from the library but just want one big package that includes it all.I went to FSGenisi's site and saw thishttp://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchan...&Category_Code=It says it's Terrain, Does it also include Mesh? Will it interfere with Ultimate terrain?Regards,Alexhttp://www.cielosim.com/images/sig_alex.gif

153M mesh would improve things, but not enough to make a great difference IMO.If you can swing it financially, get the various mesh 'sets' in the 38m format.I have all the 38m mesh covering all of the US and Canada, and believe it was a great purchase(s).I also have the 76m mesh for both Scandinavia and Europe, as well as the 19m mesh for the Alps.Take a look at the various 'membership' packages offered, that would make several purchases less than buying individually.

If possible, get a membership and get all the mesh. I paid $100 and got every bit of mesh for FS9 & FSX and the difference is incredible.For the US, you'll get a layer of coverage from 2000m right down to 38m, with as low as 9m in several places. What this does is provide you with great looking and smooth transitions as you fly closer to a particular point. So the mountain doesn't just pop into view, so to speak, it comes at you in increasing detail. Looks great from all distances.I can't imagine flying without max coverage of Genesis mesh. It's that good. *Genesis mesh works perfectly with UT. Add GE Pro and you'll be in Wonderland.

Actually, the more the better, as they will alll work together ans help fill 'gaps', and reduce visual 'tearing'.IMO, I think the 153m could be passed-up, but the 76m in combination with the 38m would be great if you could swing it. On 'top' of that could be the specialty area meshes.Just be aware that you may have to change your fs9.cfg depending on where you might be flying.Look for this line:TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19 <<---default, and will work for 76mUse 20 if the highest terrain you have is 38m. If you have 19m or 9m, use 21 while flying in those areas. Anything higher is ignored.I basically keep mine 'pegged' at 20 unless I'm flying in areas that require 21. Also note that there will be some third party sceneries that require certain mesh/TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL settings to work properly. But, you will figure that out as you go along, and those instances are rare.

Is this the correct order for the placement FSGenesis Mesh?FSGenesisLandclassSceneryLandscapeUT USAThanksTom

Typically you mesh files are at the bottom of the list shown above.Landclass is typically below the associated scenery/landscape.And UT right below your FS 'photo' scenery.That said, if you install FS Genesis mesh with Justin's 'install.exe' it will be located where it is suppose to be. Same with UT.

Guest kingairvols

Tom and any others willing to help. The way you listed your add on areas are of intrest to me.I am courious if this what you see in your senery libary.This sounds stubid, but I have the $100.00 membership with FSG as well as UT for both USA and AK and BirdsEyeView. The problem is I am afriad I have a mess on my hands as in the orderof listings in my add on scenery libary.I would welcome any ideas for help and would gladly purchase any other scenery inhancments as needed.I hope I am not asking to much for a way to repair ie.. re-install or what may be needed.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Although it can take a while, nothing wrong with a nice new clean install every once in a while. Took me about two hours.For right or wrong, I installed FS9, then the patch, then all my Genesis mesh starting with the biggest LOD (Level of Detail) and ending with the smalest. Then defragged and backed the whole thing up (along with the fs9.CFG file) just in case. FAIK, the Genesis mesh doesn't even show up in the scenery files.After that I put in GE Pro, then FE, then my UT software. I made sure the UT was under all the Airial Photo sceneries in the libray, as this is the suggested way. After that came my other sceneries and last came the planes. Then another defrag.There might be a better way, but this way works for me.

Check out FS Global for mesh. The 2008 version includes both FS9 and FSX with 2 DVDs each. About $60 US. It is at several outlets.It claims more north/south latitude coverage with tweaks as necessary. 38m rez is the norm for most of the world. I'm flying US and European regionals and it looks good over there. I still have RealScene 2004 in place. You may as well get the world for the price. This should extend 38 m to Canada and north. Check out the fsglobal.com web site and look at some of the FAQs to read about some gotcha's with anybody's fine mesh. You'll find hints about adjustments for water levels that may get covered with finer mesh.I'm pleased with the look.

Guest kingairvols

ERic,I am real worried about the statment you made, as i am the worst at misunderstanding things; "I made sure the UT was under all the Airial Photo sceneries in the libray, as this is the suggested way."I realize a copy and past of the Libary is hard, (at least for me), however; this is exactly what I was attempting to address.I dont seem to comprehend and have the ability to explain with compentence the "under" meaning.I realize this must be the very most basic question asked and thus am prepared to place the so called crown on my balding head, (I hope they have my size), LOL.Any way I hope my appreciation of your time and request of current confussion is made easy to see.Agian, any help is really appreciated.Thank you.mark, 0430 hrs, ie I am spending way to much time, LOL. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Mark, if you want to discuss the layering of UT, I would highly suggest asking within their Support Forum:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19There are folks who have various idea's on this, and there is no 'required' way to do this, and you are not going to do any damage if things are in the 'wrong place', but some set-ups may provide better results vs. another.