Sign in to follow this  
Mick

I don't believe it, she is there!!! (Miltons Dash-7 VC)

Hallo Milton!You made it! You made it! You made it!I can not tell you how suprised and happy I was, when I was browsing the Avsim files today!After the great, great disappointment reading your (understandable) announcement about cancelling the Dash-7 project, this is my happiest day in my flightsimulator life! I didn't believe it until I did saw this baby on my screen. I told you about my special relationship to this bird...The virtual cockpit is amazing and so is the, preferred by me, 2D cockpit.It cost some fps but they are definitely worth the improvements done by you and your team. Much smoother display. Finally it is possible to adjust the rpm of the blades correctly. This baby flies very, very well. Also the ground behaviour seems to me much better. I suppose there was a lot of work with the .air file.On my first flight I experienced a surprise. I used the fuel burning data from the old Dash and short before the final approach all my engines flamed out. Fuel empty...These are the numbers I used as a profile for FsNav until now: Indicated airspeed Fuel flow (kg/h - lbs/h)Cruise 160kts 510kg - 1124lbsClimb 140kts 650kg - 1433lbsTouchdown 80kts 260kg - 573lbsCeiling 20.400feetObviously those values do not fit anymore. FsNav calculated for a 165nm trip From Bali (WRRR) to Surabaya (WRSJ) a fuel amount of 409kg and I loaded around 850kg into the tanks but it was not enough, so my first flight ended up in the Madura Sea near by Surabaya :-)Do you have any information about the fuel burning?Anyhow, even in this situation, because of the very good flight model, I succeeded in managing a quiet good emergency landing on water...Milton, thank you and your team very, very much for this flight simulator milestone!Yours sincerely,Mick!P.S.: Trouble with my wife is already at the horizon: "Do you play again with this plane with this nasty sound..." ;-)

Are you flying it in FS9? If so note this model "is for FS2002 only".FS8 aircraft flight dynamics respond differently in FS9 so perhaps that is why your fuel burn was off.Somewhere this an thread on converting FS8 to FS9 aircraft.

I think you misread something:"The DeHavilland Dash 7 VC Version for FS9/FS2004/ACoF only"Mick!

I must echo the OP's praises too. I never thought the VC version would appear and here it is.Thanks to you Milton and the lads for finishing the Dash 7, you have made my day and a lot of people so very happy.

Dave Taylor gb.png

There have been 2 releases of this a/c - one for FS2004 and the other for FS2002. I don't think that the FS2004 version is available at AVSIM. You can get it at Sim-outhouse.comBarry

Just wanna add my name to the Thank You roster.Milton: Than You. It's phenomenal. You De Man!It was worth waiting for 4 years for this.Cheers,JS

YUP! Big TY to Milton and the team. This is a real top notch plane right up there with the BAC by Dave Maltby in the quality department.

Guest Mike_Luchia

Yes she is a beauty. I am sure I am not the only one wondering this so don't shoot the messenger, lol. Is the Cargo version going to be following soon?Please please please. :-laugh1

Yes, congrats to Milton and the team for this long awaited project!...and along with a previous poster who has already asked, I'd like to add, where can I get that Voyageur Airways repaint displayed in the screenshot collage above?! I've searched various sites, but to no avail!Regards,Al.

The one I am referring to was in the new files for FS2002 a few days ago and was described as such . At the time I did not see the FS2004 version. Maybe it was released on a different day.