Sign in to follow this  
Guest TomOOO

fsuipc - something odd with a windows update

Guest TomOOO

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem recently - Idid notice a couple of posts elsewhere. Not quite relevant but I have to recover my computer from a 1 monthold image (13th May 2007) due to a teenage son issue. This of coursetook my computer back to this date with regard to all patches etc.First time I just hit update the MS patches, restart, anti-viruspatches restart (got an cross reference error - this autofixed),restarted. Tried FS9 and I got a fsuipc error with AIsmooth, saidit was not registered. Along with the anti-virus error I thoughtI would recover the image again and check every stage. Now it getmore interesting.Recover the image again.Check FS9, worked fine. Ah - good - just a glitch in the image maybe.Update Anti-virus : no problem again - even better.Check FS9 : still working.MS patches already downloaded - so to do a restart.Check FS9 : FSUIPC error again. Unistalled Traffic (reboot), re-installed traffic.Still got the error in FS9Did a reboot as a last try : FS9 + AIsmooth working again.Has anyone else seen problems with FSUIPC in the last month with it throwing errors with unregistered software. This lookslike a MS security patch getting a little keen with checking openinterface communication and stopping FSUIPC working. I am surethat the problem was with the MS patch updates as I check every stepand did reboots between to make sure the system was reset withany changes I made.This may have broken in the last 4 weeks with the normal patchupgrades from MS as I have not hada chance to use FS9 due to work commitments, so I cannot say whetherFS9 + AIsmooth was working before I nuked the disk due to problems.ThanksTom