Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean Reeder

Unable to pan in virtual cockpit

Guest Sean Reeder

As soon as i press a single button in FS(, i am unable to pan in the virtual cockpit left or right. Up and down works fine but when i try left or right it attempts to but shakes somewhat and returns to center. What is the cause of this and how can i fix it?thx

Doesn't look like it Sean...Never had that particular issue, but a couple of things you might try:A failing Joystick can be seen to 'jump around' when in the calibration mode; that probably ought to be first thing to check...Sometimes DELETING a quirky control assignment and then reassigning it will fix an issue. Another approach is to "restore default (assignments) settings" and see if that helps. If neither did, I might try to "remove" the joystick and then "reinstall". A repair or reinstall of FS9 is the next-to-last effort - Op system being the very last. Unless you need an excuse for a new system anyway...Loyd

You might want to try out a little application from the Avsim library called F1View.zip. It's similar to Active Camera but it's free. It gives your more control over V/C panning, even for sliding right to left, and you can use the mouse to do it if your joystick or controller is bad. You can even venture into the back of your aircraft if you have one with a virtual cabin.Kim