Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

landlass scenery -worth it?

Guest ha5mvo

before I spend any more $$ on this one, I just wanted to knowif the packages offered make that much of a difference in comparison to the FS default. The reviews seem a bit equivocalThanks//Mike

If you fly VFR in the area and like to fly by landmarks, roads and towns it's certainly well worth it.If all you do is zoom along at FL350 in a jetliner you won't notice the difference except on final approach and climbout when you're supposed to be too busy to look outside the windows.

Do a search in the file library for some of the free landclass titles.... That'll give you a good idea of whether it suits you. If you're just looking to spruce up a small area, such as your home turf, I have a free tool (Landclass Assistant) and others have similar tools as well. The ability to update Landclass is one of the best things about FS2002.... Even adding a small town here or there--a five minute effort with Landclass Assistant--can add a ton of realism for VFR flight.-John

It depends on your system power, but I'll don't fly without it in combination with FSScene it's whole different sim... FS landclass for Europe SP (ready made FS landclass without the development option DP version) It's great for example total different Netherlands regarding cities etc... and placing of the textures...Tip if you don't want to make them your self go for the SP FS landclass files, just install and enjoy :-)See for example:http://secure.simmarket.com/default.php?cP...sort=1a&&page=4Follow the tip from John also great freeware landclass sceneries in the library...Have fun and succes with your decision....Andr

André

Guest ha5mvo

thanks for the tips, and for the proggi, I'll most certainly give it a try.Cheers//Mike