Sign in to follow this  
Guest bvlbvl

Gusts in FS9 download weather

Guest bvlbvl

Hello,I only would like to no, if it is correct, that FS9 download weather does NOT include gusts?

Go to settings/weather, and check or uncheck the box if you want or don't want winds aloft (which is what I assume you mean by gusts).;)

If you are referring to surface gusts, they exist. A registered FSUIPC has tools to limit them so I guess thay exist.I have had rough rides down final on a GS with constant adjustment to pitch by the AP. Remember that gust effect changes with aircraft size and speed.FYI I use Active Sky 6.5 which also provides vertical drafts where appropriate.

Guest bvlbvl

Do they really exist also with FS2004's OWN online downloaded weather? I have no addon programs...I often read metars with winds@15kts and gusts up to 30kts, and if i set this values manually, i also feel them. But i never experienced gust with fs2004s own download weather (and fs2004 atis also did not include gusts). I only experience turbulences sometimes.Bodo

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, In FS9, if you go to 'advanced weather' you can set 'shear' in the weather window and wind speeds and gusts as strong as you want as well. You can set layers to have the winds from different directions as you come in to try to land!! I think the weather engine to be a really strong point in FS9 and I use it all the time to try to generate different effects. Sometimes it is impossible to land.Andy.

Guest bvlbvl

>Hi,> In FS9, if you go to 'advanced weather' you can set 'shear'>in the weather window and wind speeds and gusts as strong as>you want as well. You can set layers to have the winds from>different directions as you come in to try to land!! I think>the weather engine to be a really strong point in FS9 and I>use it all the time to try to generate different effects.>Sometimes it is impossible to land.>Andy.Gust are available when i create my own weather wie the advanced weather option.I know that. But i am talking about the downloaded weather of FS2004. I have no gusts there. Can anybody confirm that gust are perhaps not downloaded?

Not at my FS machine right now but:Once you've activated your weather download, can you display a METAR to see what data came down?Sitting at an airport hitting SHIFT-Z (I think) reads out wind info. Does it change direction and speed?

Guest magnum_force

I flew out of KLIT on thursday, downloaded real weather using the FS9 option, and there were thunderstorms in the area. I was using a modified Beech 1900d that has extreme climbing potential.I encountered a downdraft upon liftoff so heavy it was pushing my plane back to terra firma. First time I have encountered that to be honest.It was all I could do to get the plane above that particular storm and actually thought it was going to crash me.Also, I am using FSUIPC 3.7.0I get great wind shear, turbulance, and downdrafts I dont encounter too much but it was interesting.