Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Project Fokker F70 and F100 Alarm on Takeoff Roll

Guest dajackman

Anyone have much time in either the 70 or the 100? I get an alarm during take off roll that I can't figure out what is the cause. It will continue until the gear is up. Anyone with any suggestions please let me know.If you haven't tried this awesome project you should!!http://fokker.avsim.net/Thanks for any help!

Sounds like the Flap Setting warning horn. Don't forget to set flaps before rolling! A great plane it is!Alex Reid CYYJ

that either means no flaps, apu on, or trim not set for takeoff

Guest dajackman

Thanks for the replies. I know I have the flaps set... I thought it was OK to Take off with APU on if flight was less the 30 minutes, anyway I'm pretty sure it is shutdown anyway. I guess I should check the trim. Is there an easy way check that? The trim wheel by the throttle doesn't move correct? I guess I have to use the trim settings left of the pilot seat?Thanks again.

If you mean that annoying loud tone when you pass the 40 Knots speedlimit in the takeoff roll:As described in the README and/or manual :-), there are 4 possible causes:- You are too heavy for takeoff (dump fuel, or passengers/payload :-) )- Incorrect TO flaps setting- Airbrakes are extended- Liftdumpers are extendedFor the actual cause of the warning, see the alarm message in the Vspeeds gauge.There is no warning for incorrect trim.There's also no warning for APU-On; in fact, the APU should remain On during takeoff, and should not be switched Off untill you have climbed out above 5000 ft. For the F28: see checklist.Rob

Guest dajackman

Thanks for the info, what exactly would be an Incorrect TO flap setting? I had flaps set at 15, maybe I should leave them at 8?Thanks again, this has been a fun one to learn.

I have the DVD from ITVV showing a BMI flight in a Fokker 100 from East Midlands (EGNX) to Nice (LFMN), and both take-offs are performed with zero flaps. This is due to the advanced high-lift design of the wing (and of course fuel/payload).I just fly the PF Fokker with the GWPS switched off altogether.

Graeme Butler

>>I just fly the PF Fokker with the GWPS switched off>altogether.>Do you mean it is simulated wrong in the package or just you don't want to mess with realistic features?

I am not a real-life pilot so I would not know what is "realistic" about the GWPS system as implemented. I do know, however, from viewing the DVD of pilots in the plane, that it is possible to take off with zero flap settings. In fact, this is a feature of the Fokker 100, and is remarked on by the pilot doing the commentary.So, I therefore sometimes choose to take off with a zero flat setting. In order to do this and not be annoyed by the GWPS, I disable it.

Graeme Butler

Guest dajackman

Thanks to everyone for their help. The problem was weight. After fixing that all is well.

>Thanks for the info, what exactly would be an Incorrect TO>flap setting? I had flaps set at 15, maybe I should leave>them at 8?>>Thanks again, this has been a fun one to learn.If you are talking about the Fokker100: normal TO Flaps are 0,8 or 15 degrees, depending on a.o. takeoff weight, headwind and runway.By the way, these takeoff configuration warnings have nothing to do with the GPWS system.Rob