Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Thompson

What the.....

Guest Albatross7107

Ok... I've tried to be cool about it... I'm sure that if this is ANYTHING like the train sim that these things are known and have be debated to death, however as a newb I experiencing it for the first time...See the attachment for what happened when I started up a game I had saved where I was parked at the gate - I almost pushed back into him.How about the ATCs that play ping pong with you? Station A: Contact Station BStation B: Contact Station ARepeat...Crashing into an invisible wall approaching LAX... When it happened it said "BUILDING CRASH" in instant replay it simply said "CRASH" and on all other attempts there was nothing there...Am I just having a bad day/week or is this the sort of thing that FS2004 just does? I know MSTS was an amazingly twitchy piece of bloatware...

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Maybe you parked differently than you thought Afcad AI parks.

Guest Bob Z

1. It looks as if you are parked a little too far forward of the parking spot and are not really in it and on startup FS considered this spot empty and used it for an AI.What I do is go into top down view when parking and be sure my ac is covering the centerline cross line in the parking spot. Not all spots have these centerlines.Also see if the ATC box says 'Taxi for takeoff options' when you park. If it does then you are directly in the parking spot. You may not always see this option depending on the ATC Control level at the airport. That is, depending on the contact frequencies, it may or may not be displayed.Either taxi forward a little more, push back, or slew your ac over the cross line or until the 'taxi for takeoff' option appears in the ATC box.2. This happens when you are flying right along an ATC control border. Aggravating isn't it?3. I'm no scenery designer but what I understand is that scenery consists of both textures and coordinates. If the textures for an object, say a building, have been removed but the coordinates are still in tact it results in you not seeing the object but FS 'seeing' it. This usually occurs with add on scenery. You can turn off 'crash' in the FS settings.

An even better option is to turn off crash detection in FS. You'll know if you prang into the terminal or not...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Albatross7107

I considered "no crash" to be a cop out, but if it keeps up I'll do it. I can remember doing similar things in MSTS, I wanted the realism, but if errors in the program make it anything but real, then you turn it off.I'm glad I waited and only paid $18.00 for this, had it been $60 I be right PO-ed about now.

Guest Albatross7107

Invisible building - right on!! Meh - why not? We have tunnels in Baltimore that magically turned into bridges... I imagine this happens elsewhere, but I grew up around that city so I decided to revisit it in MSTS.Took me a moment to figure it out - what are all these extra bridges??? Then I realized that while they are straight and the tunnels curve, they were the Fort McHenry and Harbor tunnels done as bridges.And the aforementioned Fort McHenry is no where in sight! The point is all residential neighborhoods....Fort Carroll is missing too, down by the Francis Scott Key Bridge...At least Beth Steel and the Inner Harbor were more or less correct.

My message is a little off topic: What plane features in your screenshot? :)I hope you fix the building crash problem!

Guest Albatross7107

>My message is a little off topic: What plane features in your>screenshot? :)>>I hope you fix the building crash problem!Yeah, re-flew the approach and there was no problem. I guess the build was invisible and occasional? :DThe aircraft in the foreground is "my baby". It started out as the Grumman HU-16 Albatross which you can find the library here.It's now in a custom paint job and has a few goodies including an updated (but not too much) cockpit.#1 - Sunset Flight#2 - Aft 3/4 view high#3 - Instrument Panel#4 - What you get if you click the photo hanging on the frame#5 - Front 3/4 view low#6 - Various subpanels that pop upI'm not entirely set on the paint yet - And yes the drop tanks are painted to look like 500lb bombs :(