Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

AS6.5 or Flight Environment

Guest BAW843

Hi All,I have been a huge fan of AS6.5 for some time but just recently it is causing FS and my PC to crash and I cannot figure out for the life of me how this is occuring..?I am always up for change and wondered for those that have Flight Environment what you thought of it and if you belive it would be a suitable replacement for AS6.5 (not saying that AS6.5 is canned for good, but it will be back on my machine once I have resolved the problem) but this is more of a temporary solution..!ThanksPHIL

Hey Phil;Flight Environment creates the look, feel, the types and textures of your clouds: AS Graphics also does this. These two are essentially the same thing.It is Active Sky itself, which downloads the latest weather, and provides a number of changable options for that weather. That "weather" uses the graphics provided by either AS Graphics or by Flight Environment, and so FE would not be a suitable replacement for ASv65.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Try changing in your FS9 setup display hardware graphics settings render to texture to the opposite of what you have now. Be aware that other items may need your current settings.In earlier versions of AS there were two cloud sets offered. Some required render to texture to be activated.Not at home right now and I don't recall if the AS6 Graphics option offered this choice.There is an Active Sky forum here on AVSIM.I have 6.5 and no problems.

Guest BAW843

Hi Jim,appreciate your help, shall I post this over at the Active Sky Forum..?CheersPHIL

I used ASV and AS6 for graphics. Then I took the leap into FE. Couldnt of been better. AS6 is great on graphics, but FE has more of my style clouds. I am currently using AS6.5 graphics and wx on a flight I am doing right now from IAH-SJC. The clouds are fluffy, but like I said. FE is just more my style. I still use AS6 for my weather. FS is never loaded without the real weather from AS, but for the most part, FE is where I get my clouds. In my opinion, they work flawlessly with each other. It's really nice having both! :)

I am one of the few here who does not have AS6.5 (yet) but it seems to be a great program according to everyone.I do have Flight Environement, however, and I can say it is a great add-on and well worth the cost. After a painless install and idiot-proof choice selection, I had gorgeous, gorgeous skies and clouds. I'll never fly FS9 without it.