Sign in to follow this  

How many of you will buy the new MSFS?

Guest Pabra

Fully operational vc's, ai seperation, altitude change requests, award winning dynamic weather generator with voluminous clouds and realistic buildup: count me in! And I have never looked back! This summer fsk2k2 will be history for me :-)

There is a "frequent buyers" discount in the rebate they usually provide. Typically you send in the front page to the old program's manual, they send you a $15 check! Not TOO bad,-Greg

>Fully operational vc's, ai seperation, altitude change >requests, award winning dynamic weather generator with >voluminous clouds and realistic buildup: count me in! And I >have never looked back! This summer fsk2k2 will be history >for me :-) "Award winning"? :-hmmm

I will definitely be buying it on the first day. For the the last 2 versions there was always one on the shelf on opening day. Of course I do live in Utah where there are only 4 or 5 simmers. The one hope I have is that it will work with Flight1's Meridian as this is my all time favorite add-on. I downloaded it the other day and feel like I am running a NEW flight simulator.Jon

I would imagine that the vast majority of those that frequent these forums will opt'd to go with MSFSCOF (Microsoft Flight Simulator Century Of Flight) when its released or soon after. If you look at all that the FS design team has stated in their press releases, it becomes obvious that MSFSCOF is not going to involve any radical changes, but it is going to be a product showing drastic improvements on the exsisting features. The basic core of the FS2002 product is still there, but with improvements in its performance, new volumetric 3D clouds, improved ATC, new aircraft, improved versions of exsisting default aircraft (I noticed in a couple of their screenshots that the Lear and Mooney now have virtual cockpits), the number of variations with the autogen buildings have been increased, improved ground texturing that is also more attune to the variations around the world, and the list goes on. I would also imagine the majority of those aircraft that work in FS2002 will work in MSFSCOF equally as well. Fact is, I have a number of FS98 aircraft that work great in FS2002 and I would be surprised if they didn't work in MSFSCOF just as well as they do in FS2002.Looking past the performance issues with FS2000, it was in reality a dramatic improvement over FS98 in terms of aircraft appearance and specifically with the improvements in ground texturing and scenery. FS2002 was equally as much of an improvement over FS2000, in terms of aircraft appearance and ground texturing, autogen, and general scenery, but with the performance issues corrected FS2002 has been a huge success. Its going to be quite a chore to expect the FS design team to "wow" us again with MSFSCOF, but I suspect they're up to it. Bear!

I'll probably do it, I have every time since FS5, and I'm looking forward to the volumetric clouds. My one concern is I, and I suspect I am not alone, have spent dozens of hours tweaking my AI files and flight plans to accurately reflect a modest sampling of all the world's airlines. If I can't transfer my AI aircraft, I may need to be medicated.http://mostrealisticai.projectai.com/images/northwest.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest frankcubillos

>I'll probably do it, I have every time since FS5, and I'm >looking forward to the volumetric clouds. My one concern is >I, and I suspect I am not alone, have spent dozens of hours >tweaking my AI files and flight plans to accurately reflect >a modest sampling of all the world's airlines. If I can't >transfer my AI aircraft, I may need to be medicated. >>http://mostrealisticai.projectai.com/images/northwest.gif >Alex Christoff >N562Z >Minneapolis, MN Not to worry Alex PAI will be there to help during the transition. We expect PAI to work with no major problems in COF.---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

I normally skip versions of FS because in the past I felt improvements were marginal and not worth the price of admission. I did go from 2000 to 2002 because of the improvements. The new version seems to have enough improvements to warrant a purchase. That siad, I will buy but only after I see community feedback on how the sim performs.--T

Guest ben_hewitt

I'll definately be buying it the day it is released, it looks like a big improvement on FS2002 and the new features such as better ATC and weather are just to tempting not to try!.It would be a great dissapointment if the FPS go down!

I will definitely be buying it as soon as I see it on shelves. Then it'll just be a matter of upgrading my poor little P3-800 "slowpoke".......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

That is very comforting, thanks Frank!http://mostrealisticai.projectai.com/images/northwest.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Dan,Bottom line, there is NO doubt in my mind, the day it is released and available in the stores I will get it. So many times we don't believe what we read or the comments that were here in AVSIM. NOHTHING indicates anything but a nice improvement over FS2K2. MSFSCOF should be one great base upgrade.Like others, all my great current addons must work for me to be happy. I know MS knows how much time and effort most of us with them have put into them and have indicated they will work.For me there is NO question, this summer I will have a new toy.CheersBob Johnson

Guest Tim13

For me, it comes down to the weather. A flight sim is just that, flight, and up until this new release the atmosphere where we spend most of our time in the sim flying has been neglected. I'm sure that computer power has been a limiting factor in the past, but the fact that we will now have a truly dynamic atmosphere where volumetric clouds build, disipate, and move as fronts across the landscape according to the winds aloft is enough for me. I like eye candy such as dynamic shine on aircraft, autogen, and AI aircraft, but the weather improvements were what this sim was really lacking.I will without hesitation pick the new version up very soon after it is released.Tim13

Guest RSmith

Goose bumps already...... Doing same thing ! Just ordered 1st new system in 3 years - and goings from a P3800 w/ GeF2GTS32meg, to a P4 2.8, 9700Pro, Audigy, etc. Can't wait to load FS2002, and 2004 edition just like looking at desert, before dinner ! Yeah, psyco. counseling would probably help.....