Sign in to follow this  

How many of you will buy the new MSFS?

Guest danowat

Hi all,Well It seems that like all of you I will get it when it comes out, even if I keep FS2002 installed as a "back-up" in case any add-ons do not work, thanks for your commentsCheersDan.

Bro,You are really going to be blown away going from a P3800 to a P4 with a 2.8, framerates will no longer be an issue anymore especially with that video card you also ordered. My rig is the same as yours and I have been happy ever since. The Catylyst 3.1 drivers work the best for me but by the time you get yours i'm sure a newer version will be available by then.Enjoy!JP

>Hi, >>I was just wondering what I am going to do when the new MSFS >(whatever it's name is) comes out. >I have spent a lot of time and money on FS2002 so I >definatly won't be dumping FS2002. >>I just wondered what others were going to do?. >>>Dan. Hi Dan,Well,..this time I will for sure wait until I buy the new FS2004, or what ever it will be called. :-)The two main reasons for me to wait are:1. Just look at CFS3. If the trend with FS will be the same, I will stick to FS2002.2. The "every second release quality" which Microsoft had the last years. FS95 no good, FS98 very good, FS2000 no good, FS2002 very good....you get the drift...;-)I will certainly wait for a thorough review on the new Sim before I dump FS2002.Fly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Guest RSmith

ahhhhhh, Staffan,I knew someone would chime in with this sort of comment. Won't argue the point..... but to me, it's sort of like choosing "a good California Cabernet, vs. a Spectacular Austrailian Cab.Merlot blend", with a great Northern Italian cusine...... It's all good, just a matter of "degrees..... I enjoy each option - equally !! Smile !!I thought FS2000 was a good jump - but agree with you - certainly not the jump we enjoyed with 2002 ! (This is where I'll get flamed - LOL !) I relate it all to price / vs. / enjoyment time. I get a kick out of FS most every flight now....... I can remember with FS98 or prior - just getting a stupid grin on my face, when I was able to land successfully - while admiring the landscape details from Justin @ Genesis....... I still come back - each new edition - as for the price - it's one of my best values for the "hour" entertainment.... I really don't care too much about "how big the step" - I just jump in and enjoy..... knowing - at least for now - MS is going to do more with the development !! Now, if you want to talk to me about MS's policy on "XP products" - I'll join the picket line on this "non-multi-user policy" they are adapting. I have thousands of $$$$ in MS software - I have (2) kids, and I absoultely feel raped when MS tells me for my current upgrade to "XP" - I have to have "individual versions" purchased for my son's and wife's system - in the same house - non-commercial. That's where I feel ripped. OfficeXP @ $400 / issue isn't like our "favorite toy" MS Flt. Sim. @ $75 or less a copy....... MS seems to be able to make good money - over time - by keeping Flt. Sim. in a reasonable price range. They ought to take an example of their policies - on XP products too...... as they surely are encouraging defection to Linux & other Office suites, vs. this non-multi-user position on Office XP........Phewwww........ I feel better !

Hi,No further comments necessary. You hit the nail right on. :-lolI forgot to mention the XP thing,..because I went back to W98 2nd edition, since to me XP just makes things wors. And it would take to much bandwith to explain every flaw I have with XP. :-rollAnd since I have no problem what so ever with W98, I see no reason why I should change OS.This is also a big reason for me to wait and see a very thorough review on the new sim before I rush to my software retailer. ;-)Take care,:-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight Group

Staffan

My plan is probably to upgrade to the best possible system I can get at that time.... Fastest CPU, mobo, best video card, etc.... probably be the 3.4GHz by then....I just hope I'll be able to afford it! :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest SlimDady

>There is a "frequent buyers" discount in the rebate they >usually provide. Typically you send in the front page to the >old program's manual, they send you a $15 check! >>Not TOO bad, >-Greg lol what if i attach fs 1 - fs 2002? free?still got em all

Sold.C'mon, you know you guys will be hard pressed to resist buying it. I know I will! :-roll :-hah -Matt