Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

PMDG Wingviews?

Anyone know of some good ones for the 737 series? I always fly the VC model. Can fly the VC and cabin if I need too. I have been looking for a while and I have yet to find a set.:-wave

what about the 747-400, does anyone know of any wing views for the PMDG 747Thanks

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------what about the 747-400, does anyone know of any wing views for the PMDG 747-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I do not have that plane but if I remember right - PMDG did not create their 747-400 with wingviews. They are not modeled.

rgr that Nevin,but I wondered if someone had made any.I have them from someone for the LDS 767, and the MD80, so I wondered if anyone had done them for the Queen yet.

> I wondered if anyone had done them for the Queen yet.Steve, you CAN'T make something that isn't previously modelled.When we write entries for wing views we only tell the FS viewing engine how to project the existing wings or engines for you. We don't really create wings.If you want to see wing views with models not having them (like PMDG 744) you culd use Walk&Follow, but it's a payware application.Best regards,Rafal

Guest ThrottleUp

Steve - ahh right now I understand what you were asking :)As Rafal has said - the designers who created the plane have to include the wingview feature into the model itself to see wingviews. Now I dont know a thing about making planes from scratch for FS9 but I imagine it would down at the GMAX-level itself where they create the wingview function.Think of the wingview codes you see for other planes as a set of cameras pointing in different directions - and thats all they do. The wings have to be hardwired into the plane for them to see anything :)

In addition to walk and follow, you can also use the free-are flight recorder by Matthias Neusinger, which supports advanced external views (including wing views).

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They're there. I was in the VC cabin and walked a little farther back. I saw wings! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Im well confused now! :( I remember squeals of protest when the PMDG 744 was released because it came modelled without wingviews. I guess they updated it or something?!