Sign in to follow this  

CH Pro Pedals Toe Brakes

Greetings all,I am using the CH Products gameport Virtual Pilot Pro together with the gameport Pro Pedals. Could someone please clarify whether or not the toe brakes of the Pro Pedals should work with FS2002, and if yes, what needs to be done to activate them? I have thus far been unable to find an answer to this question, as most of the material out there pertaining to this matter is unclear as to whether it applies to the USB version of the pedals, or the gameport version, or both.Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.Regards :-wave,Chris BrunnerCYVR

Guest paulri

Hi Chris,FWIW, I used to use those. Plug the pedals into the gameport, the yoke into the pedal's cable using the attached pigtail on the pedal cable, and everything should work just fine. Mine did. I am using Win98Se, and used these items with the CH drivers from the CH web site as best I remember--been awhile.Of course, you only have ON/OFF braking--no proportional braking with that setup. To get that, you need the USB setup. I am using that now, have been for about a year, CH Flightsim Yoke USB and CH USB Pro Pedals, each in their own USB port. Work great.HTH,Paul

Hi Chris,It CAN BE DONE !I've also the gameport versions and have the following setup.The plug (right term ?) that is left and normally not used (from the cable that comes from the pedals) is connected to a cheap ($10) gameport to USB "changer?/contoller?. The cable from the USB controller is of course connected to the PC. After that Windows recognizes a new "joystick". Here is recognized as a 2 axis gamepad. Calibrate it in windows. In fs2002 go to options/controls and fiddle a little bit around with the adcvanced settings of sensitivity and null zone of THAT "joystick". After that, you can calibrate it in the fsuipc menu. IT WORKS !Hessel Oosten Netherlands

Much easier than that. Just plug the plug marked 'Joystick' into the plug marked 'AUX' and 'Gameport' into the gameport socket as usual. You have proportional and everything. Naturally, you will need to use a USB connection for a seperate Joystick or a double port gamecard if your JS is not USB.Mike

Mike,I have gameport CH Pro Pedals working with a USB Yoke. It works fine, but I require to keep the old 'analogue joystick' attached as well to make the pedals work. No toe brakes this way of course.I have tried pulling out the analogue joystick and plugging the pedals as per your method in your post, but Windows (XP pro) doesn't see the pedals at all. Another recent post detailed a wiring diagram for an interconnecting cable that will make the toe brakes work so I'll be trying that.

Someone wrote a helpful article on how to do this a while ago, but the link is now bad. When I get home, I'll email you the article, if you let me have your address ! It works, I know, because I've done it !Cheers,Alastair

Thanks Alastair I'd like to see that.david@davidtaylorsound.co.uk

Hi everyone,Thank you so much for all the great advice...sorry I haven't responded sooner. I currently have the pedals plugged into the gameport and the joystick plugged into the "joystick" connector. This configuration does not work, as windows does not recognize the extra toe brake axes, nevermind FS2002. I will try the suggestion to use the "Aux" connector, and let you know the results.Alastair, I would also be grateful if you could send me that article. PilotFlying@lycos.comBest regards :-wave,Chris BrunnerCYVR

Turns out I misread the post suggesting use of the Aux port. I found this out when I tried to connect the two male connectors :-doh. So then am I correct in saying that with only one gameport and gameport versions of both the pedals and the yoke, it is not possible to use the toe brakes? I guess I need either a USB adapter, a second gameport (if this is possible) or a new joystick :-roll.Thanks for the help!Chris

Hi David.I too have XPpro, so I don't think this is the issue. You must of course have the very latest CH analog drivers installed, go into assignments and under toe brakes, assign them to the x and y axis (the rudder is the Z, of course)on the CH pedals. Hope this helps.Mike

Yup, you are right. I use a separate USB joystick, having connected the JS to the Aux cable on the CH gameport pedals.Mike

Guest Deeks

Goto your local Radio Shack and pick-up one of these:USB Game Port Adapter $15.49Catalog #: 26-164Plug it into a USB port and make sure it is shows up in your Game Controllers in Win as OK.Plug the Aux connector on the Pro Pedals into it, set the switch on it for Joystick A and then assign your toe brakes in FS for the USB adapter and calibrate them in FSUIPC. You will now have proportional toe brakes in FS.Deeks

Excellent! I will go and get one of those ASAP. Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how it works out.Regards :-wave,Chris Brunner

hi i use ch flight sim yoke usb and the ch pro pedalsbut i still dont get how to use toe brakes..sorrycould u send me the article????ke621@hotmail.comthanx