Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shawn67

Who here uses default AI???

Guest Shawn67

Anybody here use default AI for FS9 and are satisfied with it. This may seem like a stupid question, but I am really curious as to how many people use MSFS 9.0 out-of-the-box and are satisfied with it compared to how many have to work to get that "100% realistic feeling". Me personally, I am not interested in realistic AI schedules, etc, I would just be interested in seeing more realistic paintjobs out there than looking at "Orbit Airways" and "Landmark Airlines"....airlines that I already know are bogus. I'm just intersted in how to add other AI paintjobs using the default flightplans already provided by Microsft.......

Enhancing your AI compared to the default is not only about adding realistic schedules. It is also about seeing airlines where they should be and using much better looking and simultaneously much more FPS-friendly models.But if you still insist on using the default traffic, you can find a number of default aircraft repaints in the AVSIM library. Just replace the default liveries with those.But what is the sense of it?Best regards,Rafal

Guest Bob Z

There is, or was, a download in the AVSIM library which would do just what you are asking. It also changes the callsigns. I have tried to find it several times for people asking this and have never been able to refind it.I don't remember the author or file name and I just can't quite come up with search terms that do not give me several hundred non-related hits.Does anybody remeber this one?

Guest dogknot

There was a FS2002 one that transferred over to FS9, but I can't recall the name.All these replacement packs by Tony Potter are made for FS2004/FS9 and do the trick to add real airlines (in place of Orbit etc) to the AI traffic.=====FS2004 AI Replacement PacksAuthor: Tony Potterai_dash8.zipai_md83.zipai_b747.zipai_b777.zipai_b737.zip (USA pack) ai_b737e.zip (Euro pack)=====

Guest Shawn67

Thanks Brent, these look they'll do the trick.....

I use the default AI for GA. If you've seen one Mooney...scott s..