Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

Letter to AVSIM staff

Guest fabrytnix

Dear staff,AVSIM is one of the most important reference point of flight simulation all over the world.I perfectly understand that the enormous quantity of files, the quantity of activities for the simmers, is very expensive.So I perfectly understand that those activities need economical support, infact now simmers can donate to support them.I wish now to talk about Wilco Publishing, Feelthere and their behavior.When I bought "Airbus Delux Vol 1" 4 months ago, on wilco site I read:" Real simulation from complete Cold & Dark cockpit to full auto landing." (I have that web page saved on my HD) This is not true, their advertising was not correct was not a plain dealing, this is my opinion.Now, after 4 months and 3 service packs, that product is still bugged as everyone can read on feelthere support site.There is no way to have money back form them, without spend much more money for an international (if you are not belgian) lawsuit.The flight simulation trading is becoming larger day by day and it's deeply changed in last period.I really think that the simmer community, the same that support AVSIM, must remain clean and free of unethical behaviors.Unethical behaviours should be banned from simmers community.Therefore I ask you to stop to publish Wilco/Feelthere advertising, Wilco/Feelthere product news and reviews.SincerlyFabrizio Maffioletti

Hello Fabrizio,Sorry to hear that "Airbus Delux Vol 1" doesn't live up to your expectations. But your reaction (banning a whole developer/publisher) is much to harsh.Lots of people like the products which by our 'hardcore' standards are unrealistic and full of bugs. Lots of develoerstry to lure us with flightmodels tested by real pilots that on closer inspection fly like a brick.These forums should be open and we should be able to discuss the good and bad points of all available products. A little research in the forums would have brought you up to speed on Wilco and Feelthere.I myself have the Wilco A320 PIC (old one made for FS2002) and the CRJ package. Both product have their fair share of bugs and there was little or no support to speak off (CRJ was abandonned directly after the release by Wilco). But still why should I sue these guys? They make add-ons with some bugs that are supposed to run in an entertainment software program that also has its share of little bugs. Its all about expectations.Every now and then I still use my old Wilco / Feelthere add-ons. They deliver their share of fun. If I'd count the hours that I have been entertained by them they are still cheaper than a visit to a movie theater or a night out in the town.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest fabrytnix

>Hello Fabrizio,>>Sorry to hear that "Airbus Delux Vol 1" doesn't live up to>your expectations. Oh, no, this isn't correct.Pls do not put in my mouth what I haven't said.Is not a problem of expectation, I repeat for you, it's a problem of same bugs after 3rd service pack (after 4 month) and it's a problem of not correct and not honest (my opinion) product communications.Do you like Wilco? I think you know very well their site, and you can easly receve their newsletters.ReguardsFabrizio