Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Looking for Good headset

Are you looking for an aviation headset, or just a set of stereo headphones?J.C. HowellPPL-ASEL Instrument Rating student

David Clark makes great headsets. Just think green. You will need an adapter. Have fun and enjoy the freedom of flight.JoseCFI, CFII

Does anyone have any links for these adapters? I found one using google that was 34.99, and although I didnt want to spend much money to put more wear and tear on my headset, Im tired of buying crap pc headsets that hurt my ears and arent loud enough. Thanks alot.Craig

hi Rob. Labtech and Senheiser are good and comfortable.But it all depends on how many Euros you want to hand over of course :-waveBest you can do is go to a well stocked audioshop (or maybe OfficeCenter as they're also used a lot by callcenter staff) and try some.I think the LHS also has a small collection in stock, so you might try there.Or were you talking actual ones for an aircraft?Again LHS or the Pilotshop at Lelystad for those. Don't ask for models, but I guess that there too the choice is mainly personal preference and budget as long as you have a decent quality.

Anybody got a website for the David Clark headsets and a place for the adapters? Much appreciated.

Eric 

I bought a GREAT headset from Radio Shack and only paid $25 (U.S.) for it. Has the mike and its own volume switch too. The ear protectors are padded and cover your entire ear so you can fly when the wife/girlfriend is watching tv and you can't hear it. She can't hear your jets spooling up either and making your eyes cross! :)Don

Microsoft's GameVoice was on sale for $20 CDN at Future Shop in Canada. I'd imagine it's come down in price globally as well. Just got it. It's by Plantronics, a company that does professional call centre headsets so I'm happy.Cheers,Glenn (CYQG)

All over the country. Sell only to businesses I believe, but you may be able to arrange something at work :-)