Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7ltf

Ariane BBJ - still a bad product?

Guest k7ltf

hiI have been thinking of buying the Ariane BBJ and have ran across little luck as far as a review in the English language - with the exception of one that was written in Jan 07 on another Flightsim webpage.Anyone on here bought the product? From the little I can find as far as comments have said that its a waste of money, don't buy it, or its to buggy for example.Zach Bender K7LTF

I was pretty much made fun of when I asked if this was worth buying so maybe that'll give you an idea :(

You best save your money for something worth the cost.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>I dont think it's the product, its more like the company...>But yes, save your money.Pretty sure it's the product. I had the Southwest 737NG after some people here actually made rave claims about it compared to PMDG and LDS. The VC was slightly better looking than a default MS VC, the FMC was a 2D window only, the activation online didn't work and had to be done via e-mail which took a whole weekend, the plane handles like the MS default Cessna 172, the sounds were horrendous and more than unrealistic, the AP flew as poorly as the default MS logic does (zig-zagging on ILS, pitching up and down to capture speed), and many things that are included in any add-on nowadays weren't even modeled, such as pressurization. A few people mentioned disputing the charges on their CC after such a big let down and not being able to get a refund. I used a debit, so I was screwed. The whole POS was on my system for 2 weeks.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

zach:don't know if you found any information about ariane and the company's FS history? the link below will give you some background on why many 'older' FSers have a negative view of airane -http://www.avsim.com/pages/0999/edit1.htm--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

You might what to look into the Feelthere/Wilco A320, It has a BBJ varient.Dave F.

Chris, off topic, but what kind of performance do you get in FS on your system? We both have very similar issues. In the PMDG, I get about 16-20 in the VC. Starting to wonder if I'm having performance issues. What about you?

>You might what to look into the Feelthere/Wilco A320, It has>a BBJ varient.>>Dave F.BBJ = Boeing Business Jet. There is no BBJ in the Wilco AIRBUS package. Arguably, there isn't much of an Airbus there, either.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yeah, that sounds about right. I don't fly from the VC in airliners because I like to fly by the numbers, and it's difficult to see enough of the detail in the gauges to do it. When I use the VC for taxi around a semi-busy airport, it drops pretty low however. The VC performs fine at cruise altitude, but so do all my VCs. I'm building a new system next month to hopefully get the performance out of FS9 that I feel I should've been getting all along.

- Chris

Well, it may depend on the amount of traffic you run as well as other factors. I've done everything possible to get the most out of my system in FS9. My traffic is usually set between 30 - 50% with UT on. If I have WOAI running then I can increase it to 100%, but it doesn't seem to make a difference too much using WOAI if I lower the traffic to even 30%.Also, I'm using Flight Environment or Active Sky's Graphics to display 3D cloud textures. In FE I choose the lower resolution clouds in DXT format. In ASG I have it set to 128x128 and DXT. I think they look absolutely fine this way and I can still have a fair amount of clouds without too much performance loss. In certain conditions with lots of thunderstorm clouds, I can lose a lot of FPS though. I'd say the two biggest killers are AI and 3D clouds.I have my sim sliders set to medium or high. The worst setting I'm forced to have is autogen. It's set to normal. I'm hoping the new computer allows for dense because that really makes a difference IMO. The traffic is fine at a lower percent since the sim can't handle too much anyhow. I just want full autogen and the ability to fly through major storm clouds without dropping too far below 20 FPS. I'm locked right now at 24 and only occasionally drop below 15, mostly in really cloudy/rainy/grey conditions.

- Chris

Guest DanWalloch

They are a horrible company...and oh please, the person who brought up Papa Tango...oh does that goes way back!Buying that over priced junk is like funding terrorism!

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I fly vatsim no matter what, so thats where all my traffic is.We use the same cloud's. FE or ASG. Currently, I have a sweet set of ASG clouds installed that look really sweet. Check out my screenshots in the ss forum. :)Hopefully with a new computer Ill be able to crank it up... :)