Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7ltf

Ariane BBJ - still a bad product?

Guest planter_ndb

I'm a BBJ owner since 2 months. Have quit flying my PMDG in favourof the Ariane mainly because of- Very good VC. Fantastic night-interior. Lots of lighting options.- Very nice flying characteristics. No problem to handfly.- Fantastic looking plane. One of the best I've ever seen.- Fantastic sound. - Nice gimmicks. (FA-Panel, BBJ-Passenger Cabin-Interior, "TV-Screen", carpets, navlights visible on the tarmac, wingflex, pushback-truck, icing windows when window heat off and so on...)- Framerates are OK.Downsides are- Fmc not nearly as comfortable as the PMDG's. Sometimesneed to use workarounds to get things done. FIX-Page not existant. HOLD not available. I don't say the FMC is unusable-have to get used to it, though.- A/T not independent from A/P except for T/O where you can use the T/O-Button.- ND/PFD-Refesh-Rate slow. Some say it's unusable in this state. Don't agree. However, takes some time to get used to it. Workarounds are the so-called 2di-Mode or PMDG-like clicking a VC-gauge that then turns into a 2D-gauge with full refresh-rate.- Heard that autoland has issues with idling A/T (and subsequent problems ;-)). Have not tested myself, though.- No forum support available. Waiting for 4 weeks now to become available again. :-(- Airac updates not available. Must use March 07.- Expensive.Cannot confirm problems with G/S capturing. No problems so far with ILS.OT:Sorry, linking an Avsim-article from 1999 as an argument not to purchase the BBJ in 2007 is quite unfair IMHO since Tishma is no longer affiliated to Ariane.Regards,Ralf

Guest beckerm13

Buy the PMDG 737. There is a freeware BBJ addon for the PMDG that is available in the file library. pmdg_bbjmil.zipAnother option is Project Open Sky. I think they had a BBJ freeware model.Marty

Guest k7ltf

I have the wilco 320 - i'll take a look for the variant ThanksZach Bender K7LTF

Guest CWD

The autothrottle can't be separated from the autopilot? Holy crud. Sounds like money well spent to me. :-roll

Guest k7ltf

you have me beat by just a bit. I started with FS version 2.1 for the PCZach Bender K7LTF

Guest k7ltf

Does the light systems for the cabin - flightdeck / and navigation (strobes / landing work correctly?Zach Bender K7LTF

Guest planter_ndb

Yes.However, there's a bug when sometimes the strobe-switch marking is getting interchanged with the outer-left marking.Don't know when they're going to fix this...Got to be patient as an Ariane-user.