Sign in to follow this  
Guest sabresix

Dash 7 Ver.2

Guest sabresix

Can't get the Tyrolean aircraft to show in the select aircraft window. Is there a forum that might address this issue?

When I have that problem the first thing I do is open the AirED file and check the "Engine Type = " and make sure the # after = corresponds to: 0 - Piston1 - Jet2 - None3 - Helo-Turbine4 - Rocket 5 - TurboPropThe # for the Dash 7 should show 5Hope this solves your problem Gary

I don't have the DASH 7 but when I can't see a selected repaint in the preview window I first check the aircraft cfg. See if the texture is called for in a properly numbered consecutive (fltsim.0)(square brackets). Check to see if the texture call out in the (fltsim.0) has the properly named folder. If those things check out, compare a (fltsim.0) number for a repaint those shows in the preview window with the one that doesn't.Focus on; title= sim= ui_manufacture="Tyrolean" might be in your flight sim but you just can't find it. Select "any" aircraft and scroll through your aircraft.

Decided to have a look at the Tyrolean you mentioned and installed it, AirEd file is correct and the aircraft showed up in the window as "Dehavillland 74a". Suggest a reinstall might make things right. By the way thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looks like a great choice to go flying this holiday Monday.Gary

Guest wji

aircraft.cfg fileThis line is added to Tyrolean and the Repaint Kit onlyLook for Tyrolean under DASH 7-100or alternatley, rem the line(s) with forward slashes// ui_type=DASH 7-100

Guest sabresix

Thanks for the many responses.I have double checked all the suggestions & haven't found a fix yet. I can get the Tyrolean Dash7-100 in version one but not with the 74A model.

Guest sabresix

I will monitor the thread in hopes that a solution will be addressed.In the meantime I will continue to enjoy the Greenland paint.Thank you.

Attached is my aircraft.cfg file, which does work for all my repaints, and includes all the recent fixes.Just remove the references for the liveries you don't have.Alastair

Guest sabresix

I now have the Tyrolean paint after using your config. files.Many thanks

Guest Stan V

Unfortunately, I have a different problem with this aircraft. The landing gear frequently stops responding to retract/extend commands. Has anybody else had this problem with Milton's Dash-7 and if so, how did you fix it? I typically start the engines using the auto-start command but I have seen models of other aircraft wherein one had to start the engines manually in order to create and maintain hydraulic pressure. However, since this model has worked for me on rare occasions before without that, I doubt that is the problem. It gives the appearance of the gear lever gauge getting out of synch with its internal data and then not responding to input as expected.Stan V.

Hi Stan,How are you starting FS2004 ? Is it with the default Cessna or are you using a custom start-up plane ? Using the default Cessna will guarantee the most likely trouble-free start-up.Alastair

Guest Stan V

Alastair, I hear you and thanks for your response. I've heard that advice before and I am, in fact, using Carendo's F-33 Bonanza in my start up situation. Having said that, I have over 300 a/c in my FS9 aircraft folder and have used the same start up flight for well over a year now with many new 3rd party aircraft. Until now, however, I've never had a failure like this one.Stan

Guest Stan V

Okay - problem solved! I posted the same question over on the SOFH forum and received the following info.Stan, you have to be flying less than 160 KIAS for the gear to respond to inputs. This is a safety limit that can be adjusted in the aircraft.cfg, but I wouldn't. It's more realistic this way. I real life, gear is weakest when in transit. Retracting can over-stress the hydraulics fighting the wind, and extending while too fast could rip the doors off as they open! Tom ClaytonThank you, Tom, and everyone else who took the time to consider my dilemma. It was a design feature, not a failure after all. My hat is off to Milton and the gang who modeled this behavior so accurately.Stan V.