Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Thompson

What gauge is this???

Guest Albatross7107

(See Attachment) - Weather Radar in my gauges folder.... I have NO idea where it came from, I've only installed 4 or 5 aircraft, and I only kept 3 (B17, P38, HU16) So does anyone know where this came from? How to read it?The "Buttons" do nothing, it simply displays that "radar image" - it moves and seems to be related to the FS environment, but I haven't been in a storm with it to know for sure...Seems like it's more eye candy then a nav aid.

Well, weather radar should be a clue ;)It displays weather, green is okish, red is a keep clear!

Guest Albatross7107

Well that's what I figured :)However, I've flown though "red" and the sky was only a few clouds with no sign of a storm below me, although their was cloud cover. Actually I'm just as curious about where it came from as I am about how to read it.

Probably the gauge was included with a panel on one of the downloaded planes. That's the only logical source.

Guest Van

I've seen that gauge and others like it before (since the FS98 days). It is a dummy wx radar gauge showing weather patterns in a loop. It doesn't read the sims weather data at all unlike RXP's WX500 for example. So far the only freeware packages that I've seen working wx radar in is the Groza in project tupolev's TU-154 etc.Regards,Van

There's a working weather radar in George Carty's updated 707 panel at the Historic Jetliner Group website.;)

Guest Albatross7107

So I'm right, it is eye candy... Ah well. :(