Sign in to follow this  

Terrain Radius/Levels: which settings? Please...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,i'm getting too much annoying blurred terrain recently.I tried different settings but unfortunately i had no luck :-(Can anyone please suggest best settings for getting rid of blurred terrain textures?TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=?TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=?TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=?P4 2.53GB, 768 MB ram, GeForce4 Ti 4200 (Det 30.82)Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Hey there LuigiSame video card as you, did you try the 41.09's? Anyways here is what you requested...TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3

Hi, The key to have less blury is the frame rate slider, video tweaker utility, your preference graphics option. Smoothness and high frame rate are differents.Your preference graphics details.-Depends on your CPU and video card, try to lock the frame rate to 25 or 20 fps.***Important Use an video card tweaker and enable the anisotrop LOD -1-If still blurry-Start to disabled graphics option, depend wich is your preference.Start to disable the Multi texturing.The multi texturing decrease the frame rate and adds some blur to the terrain, also disable the water animation and the aircraft reflection they are working only with the multi texturing enabled anyway.-IF still Blur-Reduce:Mesh to 75% or lessAI TrafficClouds density to 65%AutogenI did not see any difference higher than 9.999999 value.TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1If Still Blur Change the video driver.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I don't know what's best Luigi, but I'm using the same values as Shane and things seem to work well. TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti420029.58's DX9 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks a lot for helping.Will try your suggestions...let's cross fingers!cheersLuigi ;-)

The guide I have recently posted in the file library may help you with respect to this issue - even if you keep these drivers.See - bgttv1.zip