Sign in to follow this  
Guest shearerc

How to stop Rod Machado kicking you out of FS9 lessons

Guest Webster
This is a tip I'd like to share with fellow newbie pilots. It only applies to lessons, not the checkrides.Having a hard time with the FS2004 lessons?Are you frustrated because Rod doesn't give you enough time to correct your aircraft to the proper altitude/speed/power/etc and kicks you out of his lessons midway, forcing you to reload and revisit earlier parts of the lesson that you've already nailed?If you wished you just had a little bit more time, this tweak is for you.1. Go to the ScriptLib dir under your FS9 dir. For most people it should be C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Scriptlib2. Open the "stdinit.abl" file using Notepad (or your fav text editor). I recommend you backup this first before editing anything.3. Search for the phrase "nToleranceTimeWarn" and "nToleranceTimeErr". It should be on line 75 and 76, respectively.4. You will see that both are set by default to 20. I believe this value is in seconds. Change both values to a higher amount to your liking. For example, setting them to 40 would double the grace period to correct your aircraft before Rod kicks you out.5. Save the file after you are done. That's it!
Does this work only for the lessons with Rod, or also on the checkrides with the lady?(I'm stuck on the IFR checkride)Edit:Sorry 'bout that. Just overlooked the first line of the first post, and saw my answer right there.........oops.

Does this work only for the lessons with Rod, or also on the checkrides with the lady?(I'm stuck on the IFR checkride)
Please do read the first line of the text you quoted :(

Guest capman23
>Hi, >Nice one!! I've made that 90 to give myself more of a chance! >God, I hate that guy's sense of humour. >Andy. His sense of humour is highly irritating - but who cares! After a few mins in his company I decided to devote myself to the PMDG 744 and Supronov Yak-40 and have never looked back ;-)
ha, i skipped that guy, i only go back to him when im bored, playin for many years now

hi,I think MS missed the point of those lessons by not telling you why you have failed the lesson. How can can you improve if you don't know what you did wrong? That is the basis of tuition. On many occasions I had no idea of the kind of mistake that I made since everything seemed fine.