Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

How to turn on city lights earlier in Ground Env. Pro?

Guest Nealoc187

Is there a way to make city lights turn on earlier in GE Pro. I've had GE Pro for some time but haven't been running it due to hard drive space. Well I picked up a 400GB HD so now space isn't an issue...Last night I did a flight in my ATR from KASE to KPHX and was in the phoenix metro area at late dusk... sun was behind the horizon, scenery turning almost black with no city lights. Since it was my first flight with GE Pro at dusk I was actually wondering how I was going to land since there were no lights and I couldn't see anything on the ground... then all of a sudden BAM! the whole world lit up with city lights very unrealistically. Is there a way to set the lights to come on earlier either in GE Pro or a setting in a .cfg file for FS9?Also I noticed, before the ground was totally dark but after the sun had started to sink very low, the ground textures started to look very ugly. They look brilliant both in good sunlight and after it's dark and the city lights have finally come on, but in this inbetween period they were nasty. Do I need to create some textures I like or what? I haven't messed around with that yet.

Good question! I have been trying to figure out how to get the city lights to turn on earlier also. Hope someone knows......

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Sorry to burst the bubble but light timing, city and so on, cannot be altered in FS, and that is for any version. M$ has elected not to make this a user function but has hard coded this routine. The only time that runway lighting can be seen other than night to early dawn is in a low visibility weather conditions.Douglas

You can turn off in fs9 the blend (I think it reads like this??)dusk to dawn texures that will do the trick...

Guest TomOOO

Hum..I have no problem with the lights in GEpro, they can be turned on,though since I have never found them off I don't know what the magic option is. I used the options page and set the lighting model, I can check andget a screen shot if you want. I get lights from dusk/night and dawnand they are really excellent - here is dusk over Amsterdamsh6.jpgTOm