Sign in to follow this  
Guest 733lover

Ultimate Traffic's Traffic Density

Guest 733lover

How do make the traffic density higher for Ultimate Traffic. From looking at the preview video, I'm getting nothing like that. I just flew out of LAS for SNA on a A319 and there were only about 25 airplanes. There should be at least 130 is what I think. In Traffic 2005, I saw 541 aircraft in the Los Angeles area alone. Im not getting anywhere near that in Ultimate Traffic. How do you make the traffic density higher.-NickPS: The traffic density is already set at 100% in the FS2004 Traffic Menu and there is no General Avation set. I don't understand why there arn't as many airplanes as it seems there should be.

Nick, I was having the same problem using UT in St. Marteen. It turned out when I looked in UT some of the planes that fly into St. Marteen didn't have any paints assigned to the aircraft. The flights were in the schedule, but no paints assigned to them. So, I had to download the appropriate aircraft and paints from various sources and then assign them in UT. For planes and paints that I wasn't able to find I had to just assign other planes from the same airline as a substitute. For exapmle there was an Air Carrib Dash 8 or something like it that I could find a paint to, so I just assigned that flight to the same airline but with a different aircraft that has an Air Carrib paint. That way at least something showed up. I noticed that while looking, a lot of other airlines had aircraft that had no paints or planes assigned. You can check a tick mark that will have UT automatically assign a generic paint as well. Also you might want to check your AFCADS to make sure there are enough parking spots.The only bad thing though, is if you do get all the planes in there with a setting of 100% you are probably going to suffer a really bad hit in frames. Maybe even single digits.Hope this helps a little.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest 733lover

I does kinda. Thanks.

I found that using the AFCAD files from Project AI not only increased the number of UT traffic substantially, but also put aircraft at the right gates for the airport I was at. Check out their AFCAD packages.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest 733lover

Yeah, but there are also some airlines I'm not seeing like Frontier, Sun Country, FedEx, Southwest Canyon Blue, and lots more I know I'm missing. I just don't understand.

Frontier is included, even with several of the animal repaints. FedEx isn't, the commcercial data used for the schedules doesn't contain many cargo carriers, as their schedules usually aren't published anywhere. It's very easy to make and import a FedEx package though, at Memphis I have dozens and dozens of FedEx aircraft.Southwest Canyon Blue isn't an airline. It's a livery variation. It would surprise me if you couldn't download a Canyon Blue variation through the updater though. Again, if you start with reading the manual, many of your questions will be answered. If you have more, head over to the UT Forums.

Mike...

One thing that does not help is that the F1UT afcads furnished do not contain parking assignments.Regarding SCX they do not have that many aircraft at any one airport at any time. PAI did a lot of the AFCADs. There is an SCX repaint included for the 737-800 ai aircraft installed.I eliminated FedEx and UPS from the UT compile and installed packages from independent downloads with another freeware tool (AITM). Since FS9 can take multiple traffic .bgls, as long as schedules do not conflict, I install them.Lastly, even with parking assignments and gate radius restrictions FS still tends to stuff other aircraft in where gates are "reserved" for specific ai if there is lots of traffic overflow.I'm very satisfied with UT.At larger non-US Airports like the recently released freeware Algeria and Aerosoft's Palma De Mallorca (Ballearic Islands) I was pleased to see Air Algiers and Air Berlin dense at these major hubs and gateways supplied by UT.

Guest 733lover

How do you compile Airline Traffic for UT. All I see is to compile General Aviation Traffic.

It's on that same page. Left side is GA, right side commercial traffic. Just hit Clear All, Select All (important if you've made changes, uncheck any if applicable), then Continue. Do you want to make a new traffic file? Yes. Let the program do its thing, start FS.

Mike...

Guest 733lover

Should I check the box to compile traffic that have not been painted in an airline livery. They will display a default paint sceme.

Guest 733lover

I'VE GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!(In excitement) :) :) :) :) Everything is working great now. I'm so happy with this program. Everything is just fine now. No more help needed.

Guest wji

Glad to hear you got your mojo workin'I don't have time to read all the previous posts but was surprised by your original post asking for more AI traffic using UT.The only (valid) complaint I've heard about UT is the TRAFFIC IS TOO HEAVY and the users complain about the fact they can't get onto the runway for take-off.Remember: No changes take effect in UT until the changes are COMPILED. P.S Now you can add Palm-Spotter and the TCAS gauge :-)

Guest 733lover

I wasn't getting the effect of not being able to get on the runway. I AM NOW!! :) :)-Nick