Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Please HELP get rid of this annoying problem.

I have this weird problem in FS9.When I am in spot view and I use the hat switch to view about... over a few period the aircraft gets closer and closer to me slowly until the point it looks like this. I am then stuck there.. its like the spot view camera radius keeps shrinking and shrinking..until I am at the CG of the aircraft.. Even if I switch my views around and I get back to the spot view. Its like that.The only way I can reset it, is by reloading the aircraft.I don't know when this problem started or what causes it. I don't believe its Active Camera. Cause I tried disabling the activecamera.dll and I still ended up with this problem.Any ideas?ThanksMannyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174815.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny sorry I don't have any suggestion to help you. I was just butting in to ask what textures you are using in the screen shot? It looks kind of like one of those FSX screen shots. Is that from GE or GE Pro?Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Neither Sean.Its actually VFR France Alps North. Absolutely amazing.http://www.francevfr.com/scenes.htmand what you don't see there is is thus LLH Alps Courchevelhttp://www.llhinfo.com/hom_en.htmlThe irony is..they both work well with FSX. In fs9, I cant land on the slopey runway. There is something wrong. I keep going throigh the textures. so its almost unflyable/unlandable. But it works great in FSX.

Manny

Thanks Manny for the info. Sorry I couldn't help with your issue.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Manny,The only time I have seen this happen is when you have done the ole CTRL-W thing and cycle through AI traffic, then go back to your aircraft having last seen a really tiny AI aircraft. It works the other way too where if the last aircraft you saw was a 747 then switch back to a lighty, and the zoom looks too far away and fish-eyed. I fix this by making sure the last aircraft I CTRL-W to is roughly the same size as what I am flying.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest rwrea

Manny,U might try re-programming the hat-switch....Just a thought.:-wave Dick ReaMCA372

This is quite an easy problem to fix. I can't explain why you might have this 'gradual' loss of a fixed zoom point, over time, and this won't fix that particular problem, but it will stop you having to reload your aircraft continuously.It will definately fix the problem with the 'cycling through AI' procedure, that another poster had.Anyway, when you find your suffering from the problem, go to 'views', then 'view options'. In 'Select View' list, select 'spot plane'. In the 3D preview picture it is possible to see the current position of the aircraft in spot view, the value that needs to be adjusted, is 'distance', and is just below the picture. The default distance for a twin, appears to be in the region of 105 ft.This should solve your problem.Regards,Al.

Gary, Dick and Al.Thank you.Interesting..I am learning new things every day. OK I never realized those parameters in the View options. Yes...Distance parameter keeps reducing slowly over a period of time. I tried changing the type (of SPOT view) from Roll to loop to fixed and then turning off "gradual transition" and none of that worked.I also tried reassigning the hat switch. I am afraid that did not help either.Manny

Manny

Guest rwrea

try uninstalling active camera and see what happens. Not just removing the dll.Dick

I am using the Flight1 view utility, and with it installed you can adjust the spot distance by rolling the mousewheel while in spot view. That's all well and good, but a problem I always have is inadvertently changing the spot distance if I use FSNav or go into any of my menus (weather, display settings, key assignments, etc) while I'm in spot view. You'll roll the mousewheel to navigate through a menu or whatever, and when you return to your aircraft, you find yourself looking at the inside of the pilot's head because the F1 view utility was changing the spot distance in response to the mousewheel movements you made in the menus. Just a thought.Jim