Sign in to follow this  
Guest beckerm13

Anti-alaising mode changing

Guest beckerm13

I have started to experience a situation where, when I leave FS2004 to go back to my desktop and then go back to FS2004, I get alot of jagged lines. I am running FS2004 in the full screen mode, have anti-aliasing turn off within FS2004 and have an ATI x800, 256mb video card. The drivers are up to date. AA is max at 6X and AS is max at 16X. If I go the the ATI control center and change any value, apply that setting, change it back to the original setting, apply the setting again, and finally return to FS2004, the jagged lines are gone. If I leave FS2004 again and return, the the jagged lines return.Any ideas what can cause this behavior?Thanks!Marty

It sounds like driver weirdness - just for fun, drop to windowed mode before you exit FS2004 and see if that makes a difference...DJ

Guest rwrea

try uninstall the ati drivers, re-boot and install again. uninstall completely from remove hardware under controll panel. Use ATI uninstall software utility.Also, r u making changes directly in CCC or System Tray. I find it easier to make the chanes from system tray and they should stay when u reboot. If u make changes in CCC be sure and APPLY on each page.Dick

Seems like quite a few ATI users are having similar problems. I have it too. Fixing it does not really help things as the problem reappears.Do you use both FS9 and FSX ?

Guest beckerm13

I have figured it out...Since my drivers were in place and working fine before this behavior started, I started looking at what recent changes I made to FS2004. The problem was a gauge that I had added, which was part of a modification to add the Reality XP WX500 radar to the PMDG 737 panel. I thought I had uninstalled all the components for this modification but a lone gauge remained in my gauges folder. After removing the gauge, the problem disappeared.Lesson from this

Guest MikeMiraglia

Hi all. I just got home and noticed some response to my question."Why can't you push the nose down?"I can, but I am having a hard time from keeping the V/S go way up when I do. I tried to level it out a little the last time I tried and I ended up touching down at nearly 500 FPS. I think the pilots viewpoint in the VC may be throwing me off a bit since it is a little high."Do you use full flaps?"Yes"Have you checked your fuel?"Actually I do have a little more fuel onboard than what I should I guess. My last few flights got me there with about 50% fuel load.Thanks for the help thus far everyone.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Hi all. I just got home and noticed some response to my question."Why can't you push the nose down?"I can, but I am having a hard time from keeping the V/S go way up when I do. I tried to level it out a little the last time I tried and I ended up touching down at nearly 500 FPS. I think the pilots viewpoint in the VC may be throwing me off a bit since it is a little high."Do you use full flaps?"Yes"Have you checked your fuel?"Actually I do have a little more fuel onboard than what I should I guess. My last few flights got me there with about 50% fuel load.Thanks for the help thus far everyone.