Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

Swapping out default aircraft in lessons.

Speaking of tweaking the flight lessons, is there a way to swap into a lesson an add-on aircraft of the same type instead of the default one? Some of the troubles with completing the lessons are that the default aircraft are twitchy to fly. I've gotten so use to the smoother responding and more stable pay ware add-on aircraft I own that I won't fly the default aircraft anymore. Probably not possible but I thought I'd ask.Kim

I think it would be possible. As an experiment I just replaced the default Skyhawk with the RealAir Skyhawk in the introductory flight and it worked fine. The only thing odd was that on about 4 mi final the little text message box said "Rod is flying: He's descending at 65 knots." when in fact we were indicating about 80 kts. I don't know if that's something caused by the RealAir FDE being different than the default Skyhawk, or if it's something that just normally happens on that flight.To change the aircraft navigate to your "Flight Simulator 9Lessonsstudent" folder and drag "Lesson 1.FLT" into an open Notepad window. Scroll about halfway down and find this section:[Plane.0]Aircraft=Cessna Skyhawk 172SPReplace the "Cessna Skyhawk 172SP" with whatever's on the title= line in the aircraft.cfg of the airplane you'd rather use. Save and try loading the flight. It may work, it may not, if it doesn't just reverse the process.Jim

Thanks for the info Jim. Maybe after I tweak the aircraft type and time constraints for the lessons, I'll try them again.Kim