Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

Can anyone Help

I have been doing alot of flying around Europe lately. I keep running into a problem while flying in France and Belgium. My framrate drop to 1.0 and maybe will bounce all the way up to 2.3. This is the only area I have this problem. I have the problem on multiple aircraft. The only add on I have running is WXre. I have shut this off and still the problem persist. Can anyone tell me what might be going on and how I can fix it.Thanks Andrew

This has been reported before, and seems to be related to AI in combination with this region of Europe. As long as I have AI off, I can fly around this area of Europe all day, and I don't see the problem. About all I can suggest is that you disable AI when flying in this area, and see if the problem goes away.....-John

Guest danowat

Hi Andrew,Well at least it is not just me this happens to, I have found if I fly from schipol to CDG about 20mins out of schipol my frames drop to a 15-20 from 30 and this is the only place in the world it happens.Oh well I thought it was a problem with my system, does anyone know why and how we can stop it?.Dan.

Well 15 is alot better than 1. I will try the AI when I get home. I cant understand why I havent heard much about this before. I really thought it was my system. I am sure I have flown to CDG before without problem. Andrew

I fly a lot in this area. My AI is set to 70% and IFR only and I've never had this problem. May be worth a try. Hope it helps.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

PS I use WxRE at all times. Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest byoung

Hopefully FS 9 will correct these A/I frame rate hit problems.Barry

Guest Kurt

Andrew,I believe this is a problem with cloud/wind turbulence settings and having AI set high. If you use fsuipc, check the user guide for info. The next time this occurs check your weather settings and see if turbulence is on in the cloud/wind settings for global and or local weather. If it is, try unchecking the turbulence and see if you regain your fps.Kurt M