Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

FS9 Internal or FSUIPC ???

Guest captandy

I just installed the CH bundle(THQ,Yoke,Pedals) for FS9 and I do have the reg copy of FSUIPC but I am lazy these days so is it worth turning off the internal switch of the FS9 Joystick, and program the CH products using the great FSUIPC for the CH control parameters.ThanksAndy

Hi,I tried last weekend exactly the same:Disabling joystick in FS9 and configure everything in FSUIPC. After 2 hours I stopped, because it was just too much work. Also I wanted to configure reverse thrust but then I also had to use the CH-Control manager to set the axis values of the TQ levers.Somehow after that I had terrible stutters in FS9. I must have done something wrong but couldn't figure out what.So I revert back to FS9, that is:- Configure all axis/buttons in FS9- Set all nullzones to 0 and sensistivities to max for all axis- Use FSUIPC to calibrate all axis

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest captandy

Thank You for saving me the time and the headache.Andy

Guest UlfB

Andy,I reinstalled FS2004 the other day and needed to setup CH TQ, CH pedals and a joystick. I disabled joystick in FS2004. OK, it took me an hour to set the joystick, pedals and tq up. I recommend the instructions at Pete Dowsons site (http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=59729&sid=fba27a1366348be11cf1c6e831b04200). I've no problems with throttle and reverser assignments.Ulf B :-)

Guest khaehl

While I agree it is a lot of work, I would like to offer a differing opinion. I found that the best way to go is to disable the FS9 joysticks and exclusively use FSUIPC. I have the CH Yoke, Throttle Quad, and Pedals. I have not installed the CH Manager, and I do have reverse thrusters configured (as well as the yoke levers for gears, spoilers, and flaps).I used the method described here...http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...99c0b5349505af7The customization and calibration features in FSUIPC are worth it, so don't give up!

Can anybody tell me how to slow down the scroll rate of the hat switch on the CH Yoke in FS9 or using registered FSUIPC? I don't want it to scroll so fast when I'm adjusting the view angle on my multiple monitor set up.Thanks and smooth skies.Chuck B.

Guest captandy

My wife printed that manual out and I think I will give it a try.What turned me off was the fact u had to do it each time for a specific plane.Maybe I will just do an overall setup and see what happens.ThanksAndy

Guest Mike_Luchia

Not sure about inside FSUIPC, but in the FS9.cfg file you fine the line under the Controls secion that is Pan_Rate= and I believe the default is 400. Change the 400 to a lower number for slower, higher number for faster.

Hi,Can you do me a favour and send me your fsuipc.ini, so I check and hopefully use your settings?my email address egbert{at}drenth{dot}orgThanks in advance!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks, Mike! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!Chuck B.

Guest khaehl

You don't HAVE to set up each specific plane (although this option is a feature of FSUIPC). I use one basic setup for all my flying, but then again, I usually fly twins (B200, 767, and L10E). I've got one single I use for bush flying (Quest Kodiak), and for it, I just move the levers together as if they were one lever.

Guest captandy

Well I have been playing with the setup using just FSUIPC and am making just one generic setup but u can say use it for a specific a/c and if u have more than one livery u can cut and paste the new livery in the FSUIPC cfg file.I would suggest that the specific a/c check look at your a/c inventory and let u select from a dropdown multiple liveries say from a PMDG 737-700 and so on that way all of your PMDG 737 models are configured correctly only one time.That manual from John Cook is excellent BTW.Andy