Sign in to follow this  
Guest Svend

bmp2dxt3

Guest Svend

Hi,Just downloaded the above fill and have a question.It say`s in the readme fill that the panel folder have to be removed before activating the bmp2dxt3.bat. Do anyone know what would habben to the panel both VC and 2d if not removed?Im asking because I have never done this before.RegardsSvend

Guest Jeff Berman

It would convert any textures you have in the panel folders to dxt3.

Your 2D panel .bmps would get converted to DXT3 and they wont show up in the sim. You'll see your gauges against a black background where your panel .bmp used to be.Generally your VC textures are in your texture folder rather than the panel folder. It's OK to convert them, the default VC textures are DXT1 (no alpha) already.Just put the .bat file and imagetool.exe in your texture folder instead of the aircraft's root folder as directed in the instructions. You'll have to do each texture folder individually, but you don't have to worry about moving your panel folder, or unexpectedly messing something else up.That file has the potential to really screw something up. In my opinion it wasn't a very good idea for the author to instruct users to run it from the aircraft's root folder like that. Somebody's gonna screw something up soon I'm guessing.Jim

When I run a process like that - I NEVER run it on my only copy of aircraft/ textures.I copy everything I want to convert to a temporary folder and run it there.Yes that can us a lot of disk space. It can also avoid a disaster.

Guest Svend

Hi all,Thx for reply.I have just run it from texture folder (my PMDG 737) and it seems to be safe to run it from there.RegardsSvend