Sign in to follow this  
Guest banker

My Traffic install problems

Guest banker

Hello everybody,A few days ago I bought the My Traffic 5.1 package to install AI into my flightsim. In fact, I bought the package and received both the Fs9 as well as the FsX version.Now, as I am still using Fs9, I tried to install the Fs9 version but with little or no succes.From various sources I get info that the program installs itself inside Fs9 and creates a folder into the startmenu.The first part I can vouch is true but the second part eludes me completely.I have tried to install the program a couple of times (after removing the files manually each time) but there is no sign of the program in the startmenu. It doesn't show up in the add/remove programme either.I looked at the My Traffic forum but I can't find a solution. I tried to register to post this question there but I still didn't receive an activation mail.Does anybody had the same isuues when installing this program? And if so, how did you solve it?All tips appreciatedLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest Shawn67

You will not see a shortcut on your start menu. When you install it, it installs directly into your Flight Simulator 9 directory, and you will see sub-folders in there with exe files in it. You really don't have to mess with the exe's though. Once you install it, then start FS9 and voila! you will have AI traffic. It's all automatic and very simple. I had the same problem. I was looking for a start menu shortcut, but there really isn't anything to mess with. There is one file called MyTraffic Communicator that you can run, but even that doesn't do much......Just install it and run FS9, you'll love it!!!

Guest banker

Thanks Shawn,(I presume it is Shawn).Funny stuff. No hassle, no settings to adjust, even no software key or activation procedure...Something we're not used to.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.A friend of mine has an older version and that one shows up for sure in the start menu. So I followed the logic in that and when I found nothing in the menu, I got worried.I also read that after the installation, one was asked to pick an era to fly in so My Traffic could populate the airports with aircraft of that era. I haven't seen that either.In the meantime, I put the question also in the My Traffic forum but sofar I didn't get a response.Anyway, I'm glad that it works just like this.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest Shawn67

The "My Traffic Communicator" exe file is where you change eras to fly in. Almost any settings that you can change (which aren't many) are run from that app.